Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

Stormwind Militia Machinima

Go down 
+9
Sharox
The Demoman
Unhuriuss
Xacsermat
Gladen
Nerinil
Pilus
Arod Gryphon
Arkedi
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arkedi

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Stormwind Militia Machinima Empty
PostSubject: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27 2008, 18:51

OK. For anyone who doesn't know me I just joined the Militia and I have come from the Gryphonheart Empire. I've also made a few amateur machinima movies. I wanted to try and make one on the SWM. A little while ago my computer was taken to be fixed and since then I have just got my software back. I was thinking of including some kind of storyline with a Horde or Scourge attack, but I would have to have a chat with an officer to see if there's anything I need to know about the Milita make it realistic. I can record backgrounds and sounds from the real game and add them too and even use some WoW music such as Seasons of War (Intoduction cinematic music) which would work nicely. I would galdly accept any ideas you might have or discussion on the topic. And, oh yes, please tell me if you already have done this.
Back to top Go down
Arod Gryphon

Arod Gryphon

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27 2008, 19:26

Hmm, good news.

I was actually working on a script for a recruitment trailer.
I'll post the script soon, for all to read and comment, before recording.

This will be my first WoW-movie, but I did a few NWN2 movies.
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2008, 02:46

This one might be good inspiration for a trailer for the militia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1r9L4IxL88
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Arod Gryphon

Arod Gryphon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2008, 10:16

Information:
This trailer isn’t a for a story, but more a teaser to the Militia. Having people join our cause. That’s the reason this trailer is made. Let them join!

I'm still working on it. Comments so far?

Music: Blizzard – Call to Arms.

Script:
*Slow motion*
Close up from the ground and four hooves of a horse moving. Then the horse stops and 2 human feet appear - Unknown dismounts.

*Fade out*

1st Council member voice: “The Horde are roaming to close to our borders, we must take action

Text: The courage of few can chance the destiny of many.
~ Officer Arod Gryphon, Head-recruiter of the Stormwind Militia.

*Fade in*

Arod stand before a class of recruits. This should be inside the Garrison, the recruits sitting and standing like a class, listening to Arod:
Arod: Listen up, recruits. I started off where you did – amoungst the ranks. Remember that, for I have much to teach you.
My name is Officer Arod Gryphon. Head-recruiter of the Stormwind Militia.. and I’m going to teach you to be soldiers.

*Fade out*

2nd Council member voice: “The Horde must not go unchallenged.”

Text: In association with:
(2 second pause)
Blizzard Entertainment. (Standard Blizz-intro).
*Fade in*

The camera moves up from the 2 unknown feet, revealing Pilus as the camera moves up – walking from the road, towards the Garrison. 2 sergeants salute Pilus and flank Pilus, following him.

*Fade out*

3rd Council member voice: “Get Commander Malbridge.. We have to muster the Militia.

Text: Scarshield Legion, proudly presents:
(2 second pause)
The Stormwind Militia.

*Fade in*
Arod is still addressing the class of recruits.
Arod: Learn well that our lands –are- beset by conflict, and nothing is what it seems.
*Fade out*

*Fade in*
Pair of full-uniformed militia patrolling the streets of Stormwind.
Arod: You will learn how to keep the peace.
*Quick Fade in\out*
Full-uniformed Cavalry running across the road. Then charging towards low camera (running over).
Arod: You will learn to receive and execute orders to the best of your ability.
*Quick Fade in\out*
Full-uniformed infantry at fighting a few assaulting Hordes.
Arod: You will learn how to defend our beloved lands - You will be Militia!
*Fade out*

*Fade in*
Back view from Pilus as he enters the Garrison, showing his ever present Commander-sword – still flanked by the 2 sergeants.
*Fade out*

*Fade in*
Arod: Form a double line outside the garrison and we’ll start your training, recruits.
Recruits salute and move out.
*Fade out*

*Fade in*
Pilus approaches Arod. Saluting one another.
Arod: Commander Malbridge.
Pilus: How soon can they be ready for orders, Head-recruiter?
Arod: Within a few weeks time, Commander.. Some have seen to many winters, while others lack the experience on the field.
Pilus: We need more soldiers, Arod... The Horde is massing close to our borders, while the darkness of the Scourge always lurks nearby. I just came from the council. War will come.. I need them ready.
Arod: By your command.
Arod salutes and moves outside.

Pilus turns to his two sergeants.
Pilus: Get the platoons ready for battle.
Both sergeants salute.
*Fade out*

<Not sure what to do here yet.. Suggestions?>
Back to top Go down
Arkedi

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2008, 12:59

Maybe a small fight? Get a few Hordies in full Epics with model veiwer and have the ending suspended, one one of the last notes of the song have it black out?
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2008, 16:41

It sounds really really good. There is two things I could think of could also fit. A shot of the whole militia in formation and eventually a shot of some guards fighting an infernal, to give a hint about same faction fight.

If it can be of any use, then I use to say that we fight three different enemies. PvP - the horde, PvE - different threats to the kingdom and RP - same faction conflict RP.
Back to top Go down
Nerinil

Nerinil

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2008, 18:15

Woot! ..No..

WOOT! ..better

I have imagined the whole and seen it in front of my eyes as film... and
.. it is GREAT!

And what Pilus said, an infernal could fit in also Razz
Maybe showing some members of a hostile guild in the background?
Back to top Go down
Arod Gryphon

Arod Gryphon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08 2008, 10:54

Information:
This trailer isn’t a for a story, but more a teaser to the Militia. Having people join our cause. That’s the reason this trailer is made. Let them join!

I'm still working on it. Comments so far?

Music: Blizzard – Call to Arms?

Quote :
Script:
*Slow motion*
Close up from the ground and four hooves of a horse moving. Then the horse stops and 2 human feet appear - Unknown dismounts.

*Fade out*

1st Council member voice: “The Horde are roaming to close to our borders, we must take action

Text: The courage of few can chance the destiny of many.
~ Officer Arod Gryphon, Head-recruiter of the Stormwind Militia.

*Fade in*

Arod stand before a class of recruits. This should be inside the Garrison, the recruits sitting and standing like a class, listening to Arod:
Arod: Listen up, recruits. I started off where you did – amoungst the ranks. Remember that, for I have much to teach you.
My name is Officer Arod Gryphon. Head-recruiter of the Stormwind Militia.. and I’m going to teach you to be soldiers.

*Fade out*

2nd Council member voice: “The Horde must not go unchallenged.”

Text: In association with:
(2 second pause)
Blizzard Entertainment. (Standard Blizz-intro).
*Fade in*

The camera moves up from the 2 unknown feet, revealing Pilus as the camera moves up – walking from the road, towards the Garrison. 2 sergeants salute Pilus and flank Pilus, following him.

*Fade out*

3rd Council member voice: “Get Commander Malbridge.. We have to muster the Militia.

Text: Scarshield Legion, proudly presents:
(2 second pause)
The Stormwind Militia.

*Fade in*
Arod is still addressing the class of recruits.
Arod: Learn well that our lands –are- beset by conflict, and nothing is what it seems.
*Fade out*

*Fade in*
Pair of full-uniformed militia patrolling the streets of Stormwind.
Arod: You will learn how to keep the peace.
*Quick Fade in\out*
Full-uniformed Cavalry running across the road. Then charging towards low camera (running over).
Arod: You will learn to receive and execute orders to the best of your ability.
*Quick Fade in\out*
Full-uniformed infantry at fighting a few assaulting Hordes.
Arod: You will learn how to defend our beloved lands - You will be Militia!
*Fade out*

*Fade in*
Back view from Pilus as he enters the Garrison, showing his ever present Commander-sword – still flanked by the 2 sergeants.
*Fade out*

*Fade in*
Arod: Form a double line outside the garrison and we’ll start your training, recruits.
Recruits salute and move out.
*Fade out*

*Fade in*
Pilus approaches Arod. Saluting one another.
Arod: Commander Malbridge.
Pilus: How soon can they be ready for orders, Head-recruiter?
Arod: Within a few weeks time, Commander.. Some have seen to many winters, while others lack the experience on the field.
Pilus: We need more soldiers, Arod... The Horde is massing close to our borders, while the darkness of the Scourge always lurks nearby. I just came from the council. War will come.. I need them ready.
Arod: By your command.
Arod salutes and moves outside.

Pilus turns to his two sergeants.
Pilus: Get the platoons ready for battle.
Both sergeants salute.
*Fade out*

----< 2nd Scene >----

*Fade in – Shock camera effect!*
Hysterical Woman runs through Elwynn Woods.
*Fade out*

*Fade in*
A lone orc (General) appears on one of the hills tops, ready for battle.
*Fade out*

Hysterical Woman runs through Elwynn Woods – crossing river (Goldshire).
*Fade out*

*Fade in*
The lone Orc (General) bellows a warcry and a dozen orcs appear at his side on the hill. Orc general orders them to charge on.. Troops run past, while Orc general points.*Fade out*

Hysterical Woman runs to the Stormwind Gates – Militia already present for battle, in formation.
*Fade out*

*Fade in*
Woman reaches the lines of the Militia, looking at Commander Pilus.
Woman: “My Lord Pilus.. ” Woman pants “..The Orcs are here. I’ve seen them cross the southern river bordering Duskwood.
Pilus: “Sound the bells! Raise your sword and shield, brethren.. War is upon us.
Woman continues into Stormwind, camera stays with Militia. Some fancy shots, showing they prepare for battle:
- Infantry\Warriors will simultaneously use their Shield Block ability! Warcraft3 - W00t!
- Cavalry rear their horses simultaneously.
- More??
Pilus: “Let them come..
*Fade out*

*Fade in*
Drums of war can be heard (one orc on a kodo?) as the orc raiding party will charge through Elwynn Forest.
*Quick fade out/in*
The Militia is in fighting stance (as if targeting an hostile), with the cavalry moving to the side. Healer/Wizards are behind the infantry.
*Quick fade out/in*
Orcs bellow in rage, charging into the ranks of the Militia infantry.
Quick shots of battle will continue from this point:
- Orc general slaying one of the militia infantry.
- Militia infantry battle the orcs.
- Cavalry appear from the side and charge at the orc shaman\healer at the back.
- Clerics\Paladin heals a battling Militia.
- More??
- Pilus swinging his massive sword at the General. (Last shot)
*Sudden Fade out*

Text: Are you ready to serve the Kingdom of Stormwind?

Credits:
Back to top Go down
Arkedi

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08 2008, 19:38

The battle sounds great, except I wouldn't have an Orc on a Kodo, but maybe have a few other races attacking so it's a HORDE raid?

Also maybe have a few archers in glyphed at the back, and a cool shot of the battle whould be seeing them raise their bows one after the other looking at them from the side, ready to fire.
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08 2008, 20:29

I really like it, it sounds like a great idea.

Arkedi wrote:
The battle sounds great, except I wouldn't have an Orc on a Kodo, but maybe have a few other races attacking so it's a HORDE raid?

Also maybe have a few archers in glyphed at the back, and a cool shot of the battle whould be seeing them raise their bows one after the other looking at them from the side, ready to fire.

An orc on a war kodo is good Warcarft 3 style.
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09 2008, 17:30

There is a somewhat different recruitment video from our colleges at Stormwind City Watch (on AD I think): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8FkKPueOY0

The strong side of their video is amoung other things the audio.
Back to top Go down
Arod Gryphon

Arod Gryphon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15 2008, 09:53

Alright,
If this is all feedback – I’d better get started!

Arkedi, can I ask of your skills to aid me here? I suggest we start with the first chapter, and leave the second chapter to a later stadium (with Horde). Could you toss me your thoughts on how to proceed? What progem do you use? You an expert on music\video editing?

Everbody,
I’ll need as many members as possible for certain scene’s. I’ll definitely post them here, when and where – but I might call upon your individual-self to help me make a shot. For example, we only need 2 or three to patrol the streets of Stormwind. As such, I want people in full Imperial (plate) gear and Abjurer (cloth) gear.

So, if you have the full uniform sets and are willing to help the coming days – post here.
I’ll then contact you to get started.
Back to top Go down
Arkedi

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15 2008, 14:25

OK, well I never said I was a complete expert at this stuff, but yes, I can edit video and sounds that you take and so on. I realize my style is different to yours, becuase I make it all from scratch. Instead of using people in the game, I use modelveiwer, Fraps and Sony Vegas to take clips in modelveiwer, and then edit them together using Chroma Keyer with sounds, backgrounds, and even text.I can still like I said, use Sony Vegas to edit clips taken in-game.

Onto what I think we should do. To be honest I would prefer if I was the camera man, then I would know what I would be editing later, if you could supply me with sound etc. However, I'm not sure if you would feel left out if you weren't included in the production. Tell me if there's any particular role you want to take in this. I also think we should, however, stick your design of the movie, it's probably the best, and I'm often drawn towards fight scenes and such. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gladen

Gladen

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16 2008, 13:05

Sounds Epic....
But... we have to get the infantry to fight... are they going to live long enough to make a movie about..
oh... we will all have to be wearing uniform right...
not my battle garments and nice hat?

yeah... i fully read something for once and it does sound epic... but I'm guessing it's more of a recruitment drive?
Back to top Go down
Xacsermat

Xacsermat

Number of posts : 208
Localisation : Cold wet damp then turns to warm and sunny(guessed it?) its england!
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12 2008, 14:21

Hey sounds good when will the movie be released?
Back to top Go down
Unhuriuss
Officer
Unhuriuss

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-01-06

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12 2008, 23:47

*coughs feeling left out* Well the idea sounds great just that we do not have so many in Uniforms exept us officers and some others and it's not usuale that all of those are on at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Xacsermat

Xacsermat

Localisation : Cold wet damp then turns to warm and sunny(guessed it?) its england!

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19 2008, 13:14

Hmm... well.... we could get the officers in impiral plate set and some of the others in imirial plate sholders and belt then have them get the plate mail set (exsept for the belt obviously) and go from there prehaps?

But it will be a shame to waste a good idea though won't it?
Back to top Go down
Arod Gryphon

Arod Gryphon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30 2008, 15:34

Oh dear.. Forgot our Lieutenant. Perhaps because youre hardly on duty? Laughing

Anyways, I really did forget. What did you had in mind, mate? I'm almst set for shooting.
Back to top Go down
Xacsermat

Xacsermat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30 2008, 19:17

Well we use the set that i have on my warrior ( I'm transfuring him to The Shar'Tar relm coz of too many people pissing me off Evil or Very Mad not u guys but anyway ) if we use the set that my warrior has on with plate helm on then that might look cool ( getting the image soon comp not working well today! Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Arkedi

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30 2008, 22:49

Well, I'm still here to help make this if you are still up for it,
Back to top Go down
Xacsermat

Xacsermat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2008, 18:39

If u do decide to carry on with this (witch i hope u do coz its the coolest idea since the addon and events idea!) can i watch the filming plz. i want to see how it is done (hmm might plan to join the Militia on my paladin i donno good luck anyway!)
Back to top Go down
Arod Gryphon

Arod Gryphon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02 2008, 12:18

Oh, yes.. this is still a go.
I have ample time these days (due to the fact I just bought a House that needs a lot of work).. but the movie still stands.

Anybody got a nice idea for our Lieutenant?
Back to top Go down
Xacsermat

Xacsermat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03 2008, 13:31

In what way? I'm to confused Neutral
Back to top Go down
Unhuriuss
Officer
Unhuriuss

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-01-06

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03 2008, 23:05

Well i just thought i'll be in the movie to.
Back to top Go down
Xacsermat

Xacsermat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04 2008, 14:59

Yha put Unhuriuss in it he could be watching over Arod when he's talking to the recruits and he could be in the final battle...
just my thoughts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stormwind Militia Machinima   Stormwind Militia Machinima Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stormwind Militia Machinima
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next