Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

A con-man's way

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dascombe

Dascombe

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Character sheet

A con-man's way Empty
PostSubject: A con-man's way   A con-man's way Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08 2008, 01:52

The woman bustled through the crowds as quickly as she could to the cathedaral as her husband was sure to arrive in the hour.
Heroes repaired armour, Militiants stood tall and stotic and the general crowd and everyday life of the city passed on by...
Exept for one man...
She looked down at the begger on the floor to see nothing noticable and different about his face...it was...plain...a perfect guise for staying hidden amongst the crowds.
The woman walked closer up to the begger to see that he was playing a betting game on a small raggedy carpet...although her husband would be arriving shortly she continued to watch this man's trade in awe.
The begger was playing a game of coin and cup, he placed a shiny gold coin under one of three cups and swapped them around. The young woman became confused after a short while as the begger was loosing every single game and kept handing out his gold coins to participants until the lady finally realised what the begger was doing...
The coins were in fact lead coins with a thin gold casing...and the reason why he kept loosing was that the begger asked each participant for their signature so that he would not be pulled off the street as a peddler by the Militants...
He was stealing their signatures, a skill used by the most cunning and masterful of thiefs...no...Con-men!
Completly certain her husband would still be waiting for her, the young woman proceeded down the allyway that the begger retreated down from only to see the most amazing thing happen.
The begger wisked off his garments to reveal two twin longswords mounted to his back as well as a crossbow, deadly almost as the blades.
This was no begger...this was no thief nor corrupt politician...this was an assassin with wit and cunning.
The begger, now in a more stealthy dark green and black attire with a tabard placed over his chest with a green background and two white flowers, started to mutter to himself and examin his surroundings. The young lady stayed clear from the eagle like eye of this devious looking character only to hear him mutter:

Hmph, I'm sure that fool of a Patrician Vetenari would have regretted firing me!

The character donned in green turn his head swiftly towards the lady who was suddenly petrified with fear, she blinked...and suddenly the swift assassin was behind her with his crossbow held in a firing position.

Curiosity killed the cat they say...But I tie lead weights to its feet and drop it in the Ahnk'Morpork river!

The woman stood still, almost paralyzed when the assailant took a step back, and politely bowed in a noble manner.

I trust you seek knowledge? Well let me not be one to hold you back from your persuit toward greatness

Day turned to night in an instant at that moment... the woman was speechless, almost terrified. Yet in the place where the assassin was a book titled: The towns of Alterac, a guide
She blinked and glanced at the cover, still dusted with fresh Alterac snow.
Turning around for this vanishing marvel she saw him walk down the alleyway towards a tall dark figure stood at the end.
It took up the entire entrance of the alleyway and she was sure that although it was tall, most of its width could not be seen.
The creature had a rather beatless chest about it and a stony appearence to its hands which were roughly the size of an orcish battle shield, its eyes piereced red into the night and loomed around and fixed on the woman, not pulling and nither pushing... the stotic stare simply forced her to stay her ground.
And then the man's suave voice toned out:

Mister Pump, if you'd please to come along, I believe we have work to be doing for the Outrunners...I have an oath to uphold and you know I don't go back on a contract...written or spoken.

As the man disappeared out of sight, the creature turned around to allow the moonlight to shin upon the allyway and reveal the true identity of what it was: A golem.
The only thing the woman heard through the night was the brief sound of the man's alluring and charming voice which held as much love as a viper sting.

Paying no attention to the fact her wedding had been dispirsed hours ago, she sat on a bench in the Cathedral courtyard and began reading the book.
The only pages that were remaining depicted a small town located within the alterac kingdom called: Ahnk Morpork. The illustartions of the town were beautiful and the book surely had to have been stolen.
The maps depicting the town showed it within close proximity with the alterac valley itself but far from the sound of battle at the same time.
Turning through the pages as a goblin would through a ledger she looked at one of the pages with a census of the citizens, she paused for a moment and blinked, many of the names had been crossed out and replaced by different ones.
There were a list of nobels and politicians with a bloodstain next to their name except for one named: Vetenari. which had a small Alterac symbol printed on it.
She pondered and glanced at the front of the book and giggled at the snow still remaining on the spine. She turned another page.
This one was a list of attractions of the, what she now came to realise, rather large town of Ahnk'Morpork showing the list of guilds, its university and all of the various pubs as well as a large shade of the map funnily enough labelled: The shades.
The Woman giggled once more and smiled as she placed the book in her sachel and walked on into the night...but she glanced at the cover once more and saw a coat of arms on the front of the book:

A con-man's way AHNKMORPORK

And thus, another person in the world became aware of the existance of one Albert Spangler.

((Copied from the Silverwing forum, you'll see this little dude popping up around the place now and then...
If you wanna know more about my character IC and wanna know what to expect i suggest you do some homework and read Discworld: Going Postal...
or if you wanna use t'internet head on this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moist_von_Lipwig
The amount of stuff I have used off Lipwig on my character is unbelievable...
Follow the other links off Ankh-Morpork to learn some more about what my Character does ;D))
Back to top Go down

A con-man's way
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stormwind Militia :: IC :: Tavern-
Jump to: