Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

GHI Beta Test Signup

Go down 
+12
Arod Gryphon
Markous
Narcaz Ramirez
Sharox
wizzragal
silvien2
Dascombe
camal
thesus
Xillia
Hafwen_Bowsthorpe
Pilus
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Character sheet

GHI Beta Test Signup Empty
PostSubject: GHI Beta Test Signup   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2008, 15:38

As many of you might have noticed, then I have used quite a lot of time idle in the garrison and other places. Some of you know that it is because I write on some addons. Now, after 12 months of programming, Gryphonheart Items are ready for its closed beta test.

What is GHI?
GHI gives the possibility to create items for roleplaying. It can be everything from simple props to items with advanced right click functions. The items got no effect on game mechanicals, but exist in the GHI backpack and can be used in links etc as detailed RP props. In that way it can enchant the RP experience with more immersion and creative options.

Currently GHI include the following features.

• Management of items in a backpack environment similar to the original backpacks.
  • Copy items and edit items made by yourself.
  • Possibility to link items in all kind of chats.
  • Trade items to other players with the addon, trough the original trade frame.
  • Place items in the original action bars (excluding the main action bar).
  • Create items with right click effects.

The right click effects are currently the following:
  • Cast a non combat buff on you or your target (if the person got the addon).
  • Create a letter or book.
  • Create additional secondary bags.
  • Create an item that gives reputation (with GHR).
  • Execute a script.

A lot more information and screenshots can be seen at www.pilus.info/ghi

Beta Testers wanted
I am looking for a handful of people who are interested in testing the addon. The test is limited to the alliance side of SSL so far. There is a total of 30 spots as closed beta tester. 10 of them will be trough the Stormwind Militia forum (here), 10 will be trough the Stormwind RP forum and 10 will be trough the realm forum.

The reason for making a limited test is to give a more efficient test, conserving the news interesting and also ensure that the majority of users will get it in a good quality.

Beta testing and requirements
As beta tester you shall be willing to:
  • Use the addon actively
  • Agree to the GHI beta terms of use (will come later)
  • Play actively on SSL alliance

If you are willing to that, then please sign up with the following information.
Character name:
Guild:
Reason to choose you:
What would you use GHI for:

Keep in mind that the spots will not necessarily be given to the first 10 who signs up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Hafwen_Bowsthorpe

Hafwen_Bowsthorpe

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Sign-up!   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2008, 16:05

Character name: Hafwen Aegywnn
Guild: Stormwind Militia
Reason to choose you: You know how honest I am and how active I am in the roleplaying community. Also mega curious about this....
What would you use GHI for: Everything you could possibly imagine from tavern rp to medical books
Back to top Go down
Xillia

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: GHI Beta Test Signup   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2008, 16:07

Character name: Cicillia

Guild: Stormwind Millitia

Reason to choose you: I'm a heavy rper and have loads of characters that use books, special items and loads more stuff that can be rather annoying to simply just emote.

What would you use GHI for:

I would use GHI to make certain books with lore in it, lore not many people know. For example Dessy is old and knows loads which she writes down (al from the real lore books) On cicillia I'll find enough ways to use it completely.
Back to top Go down
thesus

thesus

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: GHI Beta Test Signup   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2008, 16:12

Character name: Thesus

Reason to choose you: I'm a heavy RPer, very very interested in this, been waiting for it for a long time- Honest, and can give good feedback.

What I would use GHI for: Currently planning a newspaper, to be released after major RP events, for instance: the posioning of the wells by Cultists. Also, the buff system: Am currently planning an RP event on Sprin- would be helped immensely by the buffs/debuffs. (irradiated etc)
Back to top Go down
camal

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: GHI Beta Test Signup   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2008, 16:13

i woot love to sign to sigh up to the beta if i can...
Camal
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: GHI Beta Test Signup   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2008, 16:15

Character name: Dascombe
Guild:.....Militia Razz
Reason to choose you: Have a genuine interest in -all- of the GH addons and use them to their full extent in RP for creativity both IN the Militia and generally around the Elwynn area in a 'crusade' to help improve RP.
Would also like to use it for a 'librarian' post I have planned for the Militia using the 'book making' feature mentioned in it...
As well as this, I have plans for some RP games for members of the Militia...
Namely RP arenas for Militia entertainment
What would you use GHI for: Organising scavanger hunts for members of the Militia as well as organising other RP events based around the item system so as to not require recruits to collect drop items off mobs

Last edited by Dascombè on Fri Jul 25 2008, 16:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silvien2

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: GHI Beta Test Signup   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2008, 16:18

Character name:Ahiox
guild:stormwind militia

reason to choose you:I got all the gryphonhearth addons so far and since I heard of this new one I coudn't wait to test it out+I RP offtenly on SSL

what would you use it for?:I would use it more to give citizens who aided the militia to give tokens and so,also make letters and so to write reports
and also randome funny stuff for RP
Back to top Go down
wizzragal

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: GHI Beta Test Signup   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2008, 16:44

Character name: Arjisaj

Guild: Salty Tide Privateers

Reason to choose you: I would love to be a part of the testing since I have always dreamed of a addon like this and I think its the biggest RP revolution since FlagRPS style addons.

What would you use GHI for: Create RP items ofcourse Razz Everything from books to broken swords, Wizz broken sword that is Razz
I would also make completely useless items for testing purposes, just to see the addons functions.
Back to top Go down
Sharox
Officer
Sharox

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2007-01-05

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: GHI Beta Test Signup   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2008, 19:35

Character Name: Sharox

Guild: Cult of the Thuzadin

Reason to choose you: I have all your AddOns downloaded so far, and they have enhanced my RPing experience, this new one would be interesting to test.

What would you use GHI for: Creating evil RP items like the heads of the Militia, ingredients for Niae's experiments, Phial's of the Plague etc.
Back to top Go down
Narcaz Ramirez

Narcaz Ramirez

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: GHI Beta Test Signup   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2008, 21:08

Character name:Narcaz

Guild:Stromwind militia

Reason to choose you:I have all your addons and they are all great... and i would love to be able to help making this one great too

What would you use GHI for:For anything posible that i could use to improve RP
Back to top Go down
Markous

Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: GHI Beta Test Signup   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26 2008, 01:42

Character name: Markous Mayweather
Reason to choose you: Proud Servent Of The Miliita, Thought The Previous Addons are great and this new one sounds interesting. Also Previous Experience In Beta testing, reporting bugs - writing a review etc

What would you use GHI for: General Rp, would be able to create items such as the Militia Radio, Handcuffs , chains etc.
Back to top Go down
Arod Gryphon

Arod Gryphon

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: GHI Beta Test Signup   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26 2008, 11:40

Character name: Arod
Reason to choose you: I've been asking for it the past month(s). I intend to use it fully and would encourage others to do so as well.
What would you use GHI for: The RP events that have been opened up by this AddOn. Really, if this works as it says it should - Wow!
Back to top Go down
Maglor

Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: GHI Beta Test Signup   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30 2008, 12:15

Character name: Maglor
Guild: The Mockers
Reason to choose you: Reasons enough... Using this to improve RP is the most important though.
What would you use GHI for: For now there are several items needed to improve RP, furthermore, people asked me to gain this addon so that we actually can use it.
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: GHI Beta Test Signup   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02 2008, 21:37

Just a little question, can a friend of mine try this one? tongue
Same server, he is to lazy to get in here and make himself an account here
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Number of posts : 618

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: GHI Beta Test Signup   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03 2008, 00:20

Iritian Grelik wrote:
I am sorry, but that is not possible
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Burlok

Burlok

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: GHI Beta Test Signup   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03 2008, 00:54

Character name: Burlok
Reason to choose you: I'm simply Burlok. The awsomeness i will produce by this addon is unlimited! . . . If you stil need more testers!
What would you use GHI for: Simply to RP Smile And create items you've alredy mentioned.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aspire-guild.se
The Demoman

The Demoman

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: GHI Beta Test Signup   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03 2008, 00:58

Pilus wrote:
Iritian Grelik wrote:
I am sorry, but that is not possible

Keke, Good that I checked ahead then :3
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Number of posts : 599

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: GHI Beta Test Signup   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16 2008, 23:30

Character name: Dagren
Reason to choose you: I'm going to come up with all kinds of zany schemes with this mod.
What would you use GHI for: Creating holy books, SWMI reports and documents, gadgets and cardgames. Well and more stuff too I suppose.

PLEASE GIVE!!! I SHOULDVE SIGNED UP SO MUCH EARLIER!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GHI Beta Test Signup   GHI Beta Test Signup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GHI Beta Test Signup
Page 1 of 1