Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

Medical/Chaplain Attachment

Go down 
+5
Dascombe
Nerinil
Dagren
The Demoman
Lucila
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucila

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Medical/Chaplain Attachment Empty
PostSubject: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 16:40

I guess I best say ‘Hi’ first, and explain why im here. I joined the Sporeggar server some time ago, Horde side, and was rather disappointed with the RP. I persevered and got the lvl 70. However, now I wish to focus on RP heavily. So this time, I decided to do some research. I was scrolling around the WoW forums and saw your video trailer – its brilliant, I must say.

It prompted me to poke around for information about your server – and as I wanted to play a human, I was instantly drawn here. I love the idea of serving in the Militia, and then moving on to a more political roll later in the game.

However, I just wanted to pose a question/suggestion, as I wanted to play to priest second time round.

Looking at the structure of the Militia, I saw limited connection between the Church and the Military. I’m probably just being obtuse, but is there a connection? I envisioned a priest/paladin being assigned to each platoon as a Medic/Chaplain figure, whose responsibility is was to ensure the platoons mental and spiritual health. The role could expand to RP opportunities such making the platoon attend church once a month to say their prayers, giving medical examinations and keeping an eye out for signs of corruption.

I also imagined they would be required to inspect prisoners. Understandably people get bored in prisons, but perhaps whilst they are waiting for s trial or decision from the higher officers, it could be the priests duty to, first tend to the prisoners injuries, and then investigate them, test their purity, try to understand why they do what they do.

On a separate note, well done on the mods! Seeing the pictures of being able to write books… well it makes me want to write books! Im sure I could sit all night and write – if there was an inbuilt spell checker.
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 16:55

Sounds good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 16:56

Do we have enough priests for such a thing?
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 16:58

The question is, do we have enough ACTIVE priests clown
Back to top Go down
Lucila

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 17:04

Of course the role could be filled by a light based character – so paladins as well? You’d really only need 1 per platoon, with a more senior one co-ordinating it (either one of the ones attached to a platoon or someone in another position).
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 17:05

The problem with one per platoon is probably that the chance of him/her being online at the right times is not big enough. Besides that, not all priests are holy.
Back to top Go down
Nerinil

Nerinil

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 17:20

*likes the idea*
Back to top Go down
Lucila

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 17:36

Activity is a point. Do you have a lot of Paladins in the Militia? As I understand the WoW Lore Paladins kind of have to be Holy, unless they go Blood Elf-esq.

Do you have any active light based guilds on SSL? If so, perhaps get an agreement with them to supply ‘faith’ element.
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 19:03

Lucila wrote:
Activity is a point. Do you have a lot of Paladins in the Militia? As I understand the WoW Lore Paladins kind of have to be Holy, unless they go Blood Elf-esq.

Do you have any active light based guilds on SSL? If so, perhaps get an agreement with them to supply ‘faith’ element.

2 really good points.
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 21:17

I really do like the concept of having a sort of light based platoon that has these duties that a paladin would follow...
Ensuring morale is high and bestowing spritual enlightenment upon fellow Militiants.

As for the lack of priests problem, that is something I can't really sort as head recruiter.
i'd guess roughly 70-80% of people i get recruited are paladins and very few are any other class, warriors and rogues seem pleantiful but its been ages since i've seen another Dwarf hunter.

But none the less
I would find this a great reason to strut around in lightforge Wink

if you plan on joining
please roll a priest Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Number of posts : 618

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2008, 02:16

It does indeed sound like a good idea. We have quite a few paladins, but few seems to know how to take care of wounded people IC (other than just spamming heals). Hafwen is arranging some training in first aid IC so this would also suit fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Dascombe

Dascombe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09 2008, 16:50

Lucila wrote:
giving medical examinations and keeping an eye out for signs of corruption..

We have had Militia problems in the past (what the hell? I'm new here Suspect ) with one or two claiming to have demons within them (yes, i've gone down that path of fail RP before) and thus causing them to disobey orders or even do the opposite
I think that if we had a sort of 'cleric' or a spiritual guard of sorts in each platoon or perhaps a seperate platoon to themselves it would encourage more RP within the Militia itself
EG: There is a huge battle with the cultists and a recruit is afflicted with a minor plague and slowly over the next few weeks develops the symptoms of a ghoul (Slurred speech, slow reactions, sudden interest in cooking recipies for brains) and it'll be the job of this healer to firsly cleanse them and then to offer spiritual councilling and comforting.

As well as the purifying sense we could have them as official 'medics'...
I know we have one or two already such as Me, Sak and Haf but we tend to use more practical methods such as bandages, first aid manuvers and hopefully some GHI items when it is fully available but these new people could have the task of using healing powers on the battlefield (I know some people think that X1 Flash of light can instantly fix a broken spine but i'm afraid it just can't) but since this could be their OFFICIAL task they could be masters in the way of the light and therefore capable of spells such as mass ressurection (okey, maybe a bit god-emotey but after HUGE battles) and being able to counter mind-control spells with their superior will power.
Not only do I think the idea for the group is awsome but i would love to see someone ROLL a priest, and become the 'corporal' of these people since it would be brilliant imo to have an 'arch bishop' or perhaps 'arch cleric' in the Militia who would no doubt be shown reverence within not only the Militia but in the public as well...
sure, we'll still have the 'MILITIA SCUM' but since this person will be mainly a follower of the light they will not be as 'bound' by the expectations of the Militia and would be seen more as a Priest of the light than an Officer of the Militia.
I would really love it to see this person in either full judgement (If paladin) or some of the pre-TBC raid stuff for priests.

Essentially, this gets ten thumbs up and a highfive from me lol!

Keep on bringin' the ideas folks!
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09 2008, 17:02

Lucila wrote:

We do have a lot of paladins in the Militia but imo they are more hybrid in not only spec but in the way they administer the light...
Protect
Retribute
And to bless

Priests however are far more of the latter and what I think would be a powerful figurehead of respect in the Militia (obviously not being able to out-do Pilus Wink )

As for the active light based guilds....the only one i have heard of is Order Of Illumination which I doubt i will hear and Alliance from since firstly i heard a lot of abuse from one of their members regarding our prison system (which they should complain about ICly) and them generally regarding our Alliance with the Outrunners as 'Hippy RP' so my outlook towards the OOI is quite negative due to one of their member's attitudes.

Anyway

Never try to beat an idiot in conversation, he will only take you down to his level and beat you with experience - Dascombè
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09 2008, 17:31

Gut, I would love to reroll as a priest, but I don't think some people wou- actually... that sounds pretty good, but I'm still the Sergeant of the Infantry, but would that "corporal" look something like this?

Medical/Chaplain Attachment Screenshot112wu1

Or is that too holy? (Imperial Priest!)
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09 2008, 22:54

If it were up for me to decide, i would have them look exactly like that, maybe with the grand marshal's staff but good luck getting that armour set, its absolution (black temple) or vengeful iirc

that looks scarily like judge dredd with the expression and the chin...
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09 2008, 23:02

The Shoulders may be absolution but not the hood, belt, boots, gloves and robe.
The Staff is something I thought looked cool
Back to top Go down
Deng

Deng

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10 2008, 09:28

i can make a priest no problem.. getting kinda tierd of the warrior.. and i havent played priest a lot.
Back to top Go down
grimlocke

grimlocke

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2008, 17:39

I Love This Idear, And Am Well Up For Some RP Training With Halfwen *licks His Lips*

Seriously As A Priest I Somtimes Feel We Lack Purplose Within The Militia and Most Armies Have Chaplins, It Would Be Great To Hold a Service In Northshire Abbey (A Place We Use Very Little But Great For Getting Sceen By People) And Having Key Members Leading Prayers And Giving Sermans On The Holy Light!
Back to top Go down
Lucila

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2008, 11:49

Good to see that people like it! I still have lots of idea’s rolling around in my head.

I rerolled last night as a warlock called Lorenia. I’ve been playing around with the priest and several other classes on other servers, trying to get a feel for them. My heart lays with the Warlock class unfortunately, but she’s still going to be a self-righteous hypocrite who believes in fighting fire with fire (The term ‘I’d dance with the Devil to do the Lords work’ springs to mind).

Im going to play around with her for a while (probably to lvl 30, just to get a feel) and if I don't like it, will come reroll as a priest.

It might not be proper to go off on a tangent here, but why do the Militia let warlocks join?

Last edited by Lucila on Thu Sep 18 2008, 17:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arod Gryphon

Arod Gryphon

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18 2008, 12:30

Darn, I wish I noticed the thread a little sooner..

Quote :
I was scrolling around the WoW forums and saw your video trailer – its brilliant, I must say.
Thank you.

Having that said, I wish to hook into this thread by introducing my character Arod Gryphon. He’s a lieutenant of the Stormwind Militia, but more over a (holy) paladin of the Light – and not just ‘a’ paladin. No, his code of honour is strict, his disciplines are vast and his faith has been tested on many occasions, granting him the title ‘Apostle of Light’ paying his tithe to the Cathedral and the Abby (Vicor Melefius) on every occasion. In fact, just recently he took a Vow of Chastity to devote his love to the Light and its grace.

This may not show within the Militia, but I can’t understand that people haven’t noticed. I recall Arod exorcising demons with the Holy Rites, healing the wounded both physical as mental, bellowing holy vows at his enemies, ect.. so I’m a bit disappointed that his name is not named here. Perhaps this is because he’s an officer of the Militia, but those that know him.. know he’s kind, generous, honour-bound, all virtues of the Light’s teachings.

I’ve never told anybody this, but if he will leave the Militia – If the light needs him elsewhere. That, is his first duty – above that of an officer of the Militia. Problem is, that people only know Arod when he’s on-duty.

Anyways – I think the under leadership of Vicor Melefius is a nice holy RP guild. I play a priestess Ilaine Fuller in that guild as well, who aids the Militia whenever she can in the graces of the Light.

Arod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medical/Chaplain Attachment   Medical/Chaplain Attachment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Medical/Chaplain Attachment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stormwind Militia :: OOC :: Ideas and suggestions-
Jump to: