Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

The Gnomereguard

Go down 
+4
Camey
Dagren
Nerinil
Berag
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Berag

Berag

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Character sheet

The Gnomereguard Empty
PostSubject: The Gnomereguard   The Gnomereguard Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2008, 11:14

'ello there Militia. Today I present to you an idea called... The Gnomereguard, an in concept guild I've been thinking about and I want you lot to tell me what I could do to improve the basic premise and whether its worth continuing or not.

Anyhow, first thing I want to ask about is the name. or , because a name is a first impression like that.

Next up, the basic guild premise is a group of Gnomes (and the odd dwarf, compare the gnome to dwarf ratio to that of the House of Sylvanas' forsaken to belf ratio) who have been devastated by the loss of their city, or just want to lend a hand. But despite this, insist on continuing to give their all into the alliance.

So, for lack of a better way to describe them, engineering using Gnomish version of the Militia that does a lot of away missions.

This is the guild concept down to its basics, and chances are I'll build more on this later. But right now, I'll just looking for some criticism on that to see if anyone can help me improve it.

Oh, and why am I posting this here I hear you ask? Because its slightly inspired by the Militia, that and I know you guys enough to be able to ask for criticism and hope for a serious answer <3
Back to top Go down
Nerinil

Nerinil

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-04-10

The Gnomereguard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gnomereguard   The Gnomereguard Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2008, 13:39

I like the name.. and the idea can be good. Then comes a lot of quetion like; Where? Why? How?..
I mean where stationing, where have missions to?
What kind of missions?
What is there reason to exist? Goals (side and main)
Why now?
Align ( or whatever it is called) toward others?

.. That what came to my mind

Why i actually like the idea of this guild is that maybe finally gnomes and dwarves not gonna be laughed on, but especially gnomes.. 'cause the way most RP then (kids), so maybe it could bring a change to it.

I hope i helped something.
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Character sheet

The Gnomereguard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gnomereguard   The Gnomereguard Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2008, 15:27

I love the name Gnomereguard
Back to top Go down
Berag

Berag

Character sheet

The Gnomereguard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gnomereguard   The Gnomereguard Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2008, 22:01

Nerinil wrote:
Then comes a lot of quetion like; Where? Why? How?..
I mean where stationing, where have missions to?
What kind of missions?
What is there reason to exist? Goals (side and main)
Why now?
Align ( or whatever it is called) toward others?

Good you mentioned that, I was in a rush when I posted earlier and I forgot to add those things in.

Where are they stationed: I understand there is an airport in Northrend, although I have yet to find it myself and in all honesty I would rather avoid a base in Northrend. For the sake of those without the expansion. So that one is still undecided. (If anyone has any bright ideas that aren't called Ironforge Airport, feel free to fire away.)

What & where are these missions: Currently, seeing as Dun Morogh isn't a hotspot for RP, its not like we can patrol Dun Morogh for crime and throw a few people into the great forge... Eh, I mean the Ironforge prison. So a lot our missions will be away (once we do the mandatory ice troll beating of course) with other groups, such as the tenth batallion and with the United Alliance, assuming this gets going that is, also a lot of events will be using the emphasis on storytelling in Wrath to use... Feel free to read that as "I decided to get our guild to RP through a quest line."

What reason to exist: Gnomes have been the brunt of every joke for to long. Mind you, if I didn't have a city and was vertically challenged I think I would be the brunt of your jokes as well. So what do us Gnomes do, we decide to stop moping around QQ'ing over the loss of our city and do something about the rest of the world, I mean, this Lich King bloke is serious business and the Alliance is going to need our awsome tiny asskickery am I right?

Why now: Because I only recently got the idea, plus a lot of "ohsnap" worthy threats appeared at once. Malygos, Lich King, angry nerubians. You name it, its probobly in Northrend.

Alignment: Lawful Good, towards the Alliance as a whole.

and Dagren, about the name. <3
Back to top Go down
Camey

Camey

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-10-08

The Gnomereguard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gnomereguard   The Gnomereguard Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13 2008, 20:23

The Idea is awsome, and the run way would be a great place for operations, it has an inn so members can just set HS there. There also the big plane above Ice crown.
Back to top Go down
http://www.CameyStudios.blogspot.com
Berag

Berag

Character sheet

The Gnomereguard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gnomereguard   The Gnomereguard Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14 2008, 15:22

Any suggestions for a base that isn't in Northrend?

Sooner or later, we're going to get a member who doesn't have WotLK you know :p
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Character sheet

The Gnomereguard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gnomereguard   The Gnomereguard Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14 2008, 15:37

Old but, Ironforge? Thelmesar something, ehm... I reckon there are some good places
Back to top Go down
Blakani

Blakani

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Character sheet

The Gnomereguard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gnomereguard   The Gnomereguard Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23 2008, 17:16

Don't mess with us gnomes!
But there is a guild on.. AD i think it was:

The Gnomish Rescue Squad.
Back to top Go down
Loupe

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-12

The Gnomereguard Empty
PostSubject: awesomeness   The Gnomereguard Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27 2008, 20:25

this idea is exeleent i would ill chop off Loupes ankles and knees.......and mostl of his thighs so hes the right hieght to join
Back to top Go down
Berag

Berag

Character sheet

The Gnomereguard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gnomereguard   The Gnomereguard Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28 2008, 00:42

and as this got bumped may as well say on the forums.

I looked through guild ideas, I.E. Gnome lore and found a startling lack of things I could base missions on and keep them fitting with the theme.

Aside from a select few (Gnomeregan, a few Dun Morogh things, and maybe an assault on Ogrim's Hammer) we would simply wind up doing rather generic missions that don't do much for the Gnome theme of things.

So in short, I made this thread to decide whether it was worth making the guild or not, and decided not.

Much love to Gnomes though. <3
Back to top Go down
Stven

Stven

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Character sheet

The Gnomereguard Empty
PostSubject: Gnomerguard   The Gnomereguard Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29 2008, 00:31

I THINK IT'S A GREAT IDEA!
LE CHEAR What a Face Arrow Seriously! It's a great idea, I'lll join with one of my chars even if you make the guild
alien
Back to top Go down
Berag

Berag

Character sheet

The Gnomereguard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gnomereguard   The Gnomereguard Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13 2009, 02:52

A CHALLENGER APPEARS

The Gnomereguard Screenshot_100

Meet, Miss Tuli Screwbolt.

Yeah, I've been running through ideas again and I might get this thing up and running at last.

Mind you, I've got to stick with levelling Tuli for long enough to throw together an RP set for the little scamp. But give it time and I'll manage to throw this thing together on the spot, Unholy Crusade style.
Back to top Go down
Berag

Berag

Character sheet

The Gnomereguard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gnomereguard   The Gnomereguard Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17 2009, 17:08

(( Anyhow, seeing as I've gotten Tuli dinged to ten now. (Don't complain, Akelka was 10 when the Unholy Crusade started and I'll be leveling her pronto)

Time to start this baby on the road, now then. What I need is to get the charter signed by nine other Gnomes and maybe a Dwarf while we're at it. Preferably people who won't quit after one event, but beggars can't be choosers when you're starting up a guild.

Anyhow... That out of the way, time for the IC part of this post. ))

At exactly six o'clock every day, the Gnomeregan Gnews plays on the Gnomish "Terrific Viewing device" also known as a T.V., and while most of the time the headlines consisted of "Gnomeregan is not retaken." today things were a little bit different.

"Welcome to the Gnomeregan Gnews Gnetwork, with your news anchor, Wendy Breezy."

"Welcome to tonight's news! First of all..." shuffling through some papers, she quickly reads through having said this many times before. "Gnomeregan isn't retaken yet, Leper Gnomes are still attempting to kidnap innocents from Dun Morogh, thieves have been sighted near the city and Gnome kind will gladly accept any help on the incident." coughing and clearing her throat, then smiling at the camera she brushes the papers aside.

"Now then! Breaking news! The High tinker said in an interview today that he is lobbying to send to send a small force of Gnomes to aid the Alliance. He has stated that Gnomeregan has been absent for most of the war and that this will, in some way, aid the Alliance. High Tinker Gelbin Mekkatorque is requesting any Gnomes willing to join this new division, named The Gnomereguard, contacts Tuli Screwbolt by mail at the earliest opportunity for recruitment."

Picking up her papers again, she begins to go through the normal daily news of Gnome life, although the message left from the so called breaking news is clear. Gnomes are finally getting back into the action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Gnomereguard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gnomereguard   The Gnomereguard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gnomereguard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stormwind Militia :: OOC :: Off-topic-
Jump to: