Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

Scarlet Background

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Demoman

The Demoman

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Character sheet

Scarlet Background Empty
PostSubject: Scarlet Background   Scarlet Background Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13 2008, 04:16

(( Yo, I am now obsessed with the Scarlet Crusade (It is unevitable to not notice it >_>) So I am putting up here, I present to you, who have a Scarlet alt/main or a background... "The Scarlet Background".
So if you haven't figured it out yet, you are supposed to send your Scarlet story of YOUR character here, you can also do it with someone, like how Joseph and Arathius are sent to stormwind or such.))
Back to top Go down
Burlok

Burlok

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Character sheet

Scarlet Background Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Background   Scarlet Background Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17 2008, 17:54

*Reserved... When i can be bothered too finish the story about Terra*
Back to top Go down
http://www.aspire-guild.se
Dascombe

Dascombe

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Character sheet

Scarlet Background Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Background   Scarlet Background Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20 2008, 02:52

THE RED TERROR

The background of Scarlet Commander Joseph Haltman

The floor began to quake and tremor, birds flew hastily from their perches as hordes of Scourge minions ran past in a frenzied state of rage towards their target.
Up ahead in a small plague-free clearing was a man stood defiant at a gateway into Tyr's Hand, no sign of any life for miles around as the Scourge Onslaught charged onwards showing no sign of stopping or slowing down.

Time seemed to slow, if for a moment, as a piercing whistle emenated from the man's lips.
The walls seemed to almost come to life, soldiers on the ramparts lept from hiding positions, unveiling the Scarlet Crusade banner down the wall, cannons were primed and ready to fire, bowmen nocked an arrow in rapid succession and swarms of concealed Scarlet warriors and paladins came rushing from small hiding positions behind the walls.

In the space of but a moment, a barrier of zealous anguish awaited the Scourge which were forced into a bottleneck as cannons were fired and shields were splintered.
It took no time for the battalion of Scarlets to demolish their attackers and the one who gave the command thrust a large broadsword into the already opened belly of an Abomination, its innards spilling onto the faded, cobbled stone path.

"Commander Haltman!" A voice echoed over the chaos

The man withdrew his blade and heaved it onto his back, his age becoming visible as he seemed to stoop slightly as he walked towards the chapel

"You summoned me, General Abbendis?"

The General stood at her full height, although not as imposing she still held a position of authority

"Yes, i just wanted you to know that your going to be sent to Stratholme in the coming week, your needed at the Scarlet Bastion to deliver a message to the Crusader Lord Dathrohan, you will have a contingency of paladins at your disposal, your supplies will be available at Hearthglen"

The Scarlet Commander stood up straight and saluted the General, quickly turning around on one heel and making his way to the doorway.

Walking down the pathway he paused for a moment, looking towards three scarlets talking beside a campfire, his eyes being lost within the blaze of the flames.

Stratholme, prior to the culling of its citizens

"USE YOUR SHIELD YOU LAZY LITTLE TROLL!" a man burst screaming across the courtyard

a young human, no later than twenty toppled over as a blast of arcane magic paralyzed him and knocked him several feet back.

The man wearing an insignia of the Silver Hand glanced around the square which was full of many humans all donned in recruitee clothing and wooden swords and shields they ran around in a pathetic attempt to avoid the spells cast at them by hooded figures in a large hexagon shape around the courtyard.
A second blast knocked another student, this one who was not looking where he was going, into a cartload of apples.

"FOR UTHER'S SAKE, LOOK WHERE YOUR GOING YOU STUPID CHILD!"
the voice roared once again.

One boy ran directly across the middle of the square, two of the hooded figures hurling fireballs directly for him only for the boy to roll out of the way.
The two mages were knocked back by the force and a large singed mark could be seen on their robes which they had to throw off on the account that they were still flaming.

"Excellent work, James! You can forget about doing laps for once, now GET BACK IN LINE!"

a quick scurry of the humans resulted in a fixed line with the man's insignia catching the early morning sun as he walked past them all, his hair a bloody orange colour and his eyes constantly narrowed, like a beast searching for his prey.

"Right, you can all go for your rations now, just don't go beating each other up without my permission, understood?!"

He strolled over to the corner and picked up a pike that was poised against the wall, using one hand he threw an apple into the air and with lightning-fast reactions he grabbed the pike with both hands and sliced the apple clean in half before it touched the ground.
He let out a brief guffaw before he keeled over in agoney, his hand dropping the pike and resting on his hip as he groaned quietly.

"If the orcs don't finish me then surely age will" he said with dread hanging in his voice as he gave a sigh and returned the pike to where it came from.

The Commander's vision began to fade, as his sight faded back to the present he saw only glimpses of Stratholme burning, women and children being cut down by their own prince.

Tyr's Hand

Haltman looked briefly at the fire, then his gaze moved to one of those sat around the fire and he picked out a blonde haired rather handsome looking boy who was wearing his scarlet robes and tabard, talking to the others.

The Commander hastily looked around and saw a Scarlet Conjourer stood next to him, idly forming a fireball in the palm of his hands.
Quickly, Haltman swiped the fireball from the Scarlet's hands, hurling it towards the back of the boy's head who was still chatting by the fire.

There was a scream of pain followed by laughter from the other Scarlets as the boy panicked to put out the fire that had engulfed his robes that were now on the floor.

Haltman only grinned, the words that escaped through his near-sealed lips were:
"Your still too slow Tomson, many years too slow"

He slided his helmet on and walked out of the gate, the blood-red sun was setting into the distance and the Red Terror was on the prowl once again
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Character sheet

Scarlet Background Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Background   Scarlet Background Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20 2008, 23:49

durr de durr

Last edited by The Scout on Thu Jul 16 2009, 18:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Character sheet

Scarlet Background Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Background   Scarlet Background Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22 2008, 01:15

Somewhere located in the seclusive woods of Lordaeron prior to the Scourge invasion...

The sun glistened gracefully though the branches of the Lordaeron pines, small woodland creatures could be heard chattering in their own tongues as the wind blew across an open meadow then towards a small enclosed woodland with a small clearing in the centre.
In this clearing there was a small building no bigger than a one person house, plain in its architecture yet it held an ancient feel to it.

In the distance two figures made their way into the clearing, one was a young boy, roughly in his twenties with rough ginger hair tied into a pony tail.
The other was a lean and tall man also with ginger hair but loose, almost touching his waist, his eyes were narrowed like a creature on the alert.

The young boy looked up to the old man, a glimpse of reverence could be seen in his eye as he spoke:
"Sir Joseph, what are we doing here? I though you said we were going to find me a new weapon?"

The man looked down to the boy with a smirk on his face, without barely parting his lips he replied:
"We have, James, we need only finish its final touches..."

The two walked toward the building, pushing the door open lightly to allow the woodland ambience and mid-summer sun into the small room to reveal it to be a simple Lordaeron blacksmith

"S..sir...i don't recall ever being told about this building?"
the boy stammered

"You did'nt need to lad, it has not been of your concern, now pass me that blade you showed me"

The boy hesitated for a moment then reached into a bag to pull out an object covered in cloth.
He removed the cloth to reveal a dull blade, not magical in any way at all, in fact, possibly the most un-magical sword ever to be seen.
This did not mean it was a bad sword however, it was well balanced and had been crafted with master hands, being folded over a hundred times in the process of the making, but you don't know this now do you?
The man took the blade, as he lent over his insignia could be seen:

"Drill Sergeant Joseph Haltman"

"Its a good sword lad, your fathers you said?"
the man said bluntly

"Yessir, gave me it before he sailed off to fight for Kul'Tiras Sir!"

Haltman laid the sword down on the anvil and picked up a blacksmith's hammer from the rack behind him and with a single mighty swing, he brought the hammer down upon the blade, shattering it into a thousand pieces.

"SIR?! What have you done?! That was my father's!"
the boy yelped in exclimation

"Easy now James, pay attention"
said Haltman, calm and cool

From his waist-pouch in a wooden carved box, Haltman produced a small relic, a simplistic ornate candle-shaped relic that, dispite its simple nature, emitted a bright and quite visible yellow glow which permeated though the doorway and into the surrounding glade.
He blessed the hammer and struck the relic onto the hilt of what remained of young James' sword and muttered a second prayer.
A moment after his small ritual the sword had lost its physical shell but regained a new blade, one fashioned entirely out of holy energies and shined a brilliant sapphire-blue.
Young James waved his hand though the beam of blue light, still awe-struck by this achievement he began to swing it around with little effort.

"Sir, it does'nt do anything, why won't it cut through bone and flesh like a mortal blade should?"
he questioned

"Because my lad, that is no mortal blade, that relic i imbued upon the blade was an item blessed by Uther the lightbringer himself, hardly the most powerful of relics he has but still potent none the less, its a blade to be used against evil and malicious forces, its purifying light burns those of impure heart and malcontent, that is why it hurts nither you, nor i, nor the steel of this building" Haltman replied

"Now, you have some special training to be doing, i've arranged to have some additional swordsmanship classes with you in King's Square back at Stratholme, be sure to attend, i don't want you going to that stuffy kingdom of madmen and prophets without a good sword-hand, you'll be coming back soon after anyway..."
Back to top Go down
Jacos

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-11-12

Scarlet Background Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Background   Scarlet Background Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12 2009, 23:13

even bigger dur deeee durrrrrr! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scarlet Background Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scarlet Background   Scarlet Background Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scarlet Background
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stormwind Militia :: IC :: Tavern-
Jump to: