Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

Replace the stockades

Go down 
+4
Camey
Burlok
The Demoman
Samoras
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Samoras

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-01-12

Replace the stockades Empty
PostSubject: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2009, 18:30

Alright i've checked this board and found one more suggestion for a change of prison, now that was to searing gorge/Loch modan.. a little far in my opinion.

At the moment i'm imprisoned in character, and it is hell annoying to not see anything but respawning NPC's which can be a pain for going AFK aswell and there's really no RP contact at all unless people actually pay attention to you and visit. it's a lonely criminal life fo sho.

I would like to see the garisson basement used as a prison.
let me shortly list my YES and NO's and you can debate.

Stockades.
YES:
-real prison look
-bigger
NO:
-instance, no possible roleplay besides the ones aimed on you and other prisoners.
-NPC wise not even in control of the guards
-hard to find out if theres actually prisoners, in the garrison you would see them in your basement What a Face

Garrison basement.
YES:-more RP in the garrison
-easier to keep an eye on, more militia around
-good view on who is imprisoned, no instance
-way less boring for the prisoners since you can OOC-wise hear some garrison rp going on and get more visitors.
-a role as warden would be way more attractive and a welcome chat company to the already rare gateguards of the garrison.
NO:
-loud (childish Roleplaying) prisoners, could disturb meetings
-doesn't have any obvious looking bars, chains or anything that visually looks like a prison, a little imagination required.
-Not in Stormwind, might draw a bit rp away from SW tho this could be a YES point for drawing more to the garrison.

This list is a little messy but i figured it would be more clear then a big story with all pro's and con's..

Hope you like the idea! DISCUSS!
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2009, 19:08

Ask Pinny what happend when "she" was locked up in the garrison. Tee hee.

Replace the stockades Yaygh7

Although, good good good good good good good good good good good and great!
Back to top Go down
Burlok

Burlok

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2009, 19:52

It's a good thread indeed with good and valid arguments. I agree on everything you said. But yeah prison RP is hard, both for the prisoner and for those who keep you there.

I've said it before, tough i keep in mind too be more open too "less" good RP:ers, but you can really only put someone "pro" in prison. Someone who knows common sense that an 2 hours isn't long enough...

Personally i did a few days on Rent, i whould have done more but Xariandra wanted too do freaky stuff with me ( Let's so how many who refers too this as cyber shall we? )
Back to top Go down
http://www.aspire-guild.se
The Demoman

The Demoman

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2009, 21:53

*thinks about prisons, prison guards and then that some of them carries shotguns* Shouldn't we be allowed to kill the runaways?

So basicly, when someone does /e manages somehow in a magical way but still logical way open the locks, therefore opening the cage and is able to escape!
I would be able to kick them down from the stairs and blast twelve slugs from the Pump-action shotgun?

Wouldn't that be cool?

Locks open, Prisoner transforms to runner, runner runs up the stairs but is blocked when Iritian kicks the door in and then annihilates the Runner, runner is no more.

Or maybe MGS: "*alarm goes off*

Spoiler:

Snake? Snake?! Snake! SNAAAAKEEEE!
Back to top Go down
Samoras

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2009, 00:13

True Burlok, but we can change noobs to pro's as easily in jail as in anything.. the jail itself can't change anything about that. and in that way the garrison would even be easier to guard, hence of the exit not being a loading screen and causing you to lose to prisoner pirat
Back to top Go down
Camey

Camey

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2009, 00:40

I vote Darkfall.
Back to top Go down
http://www.CameyStudios.blogspot.com
Dagren

Dagren

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2009, 02:58

Burlok wrote:
It's a good thread indeed with good and valid arguments. I agree on everything you said. But yeah prison RP is hard, both for the prisoner and for those who keep you there.

I've said it before, tough i keep in mind too be more open too "less" good RP:ers, but you can really only put someone "pro" in prison. Someone who knows common sense that an 2 hours isn't long enough...

Personally i did a few days on Rent, i whould have done more but Xariandra wanted too do freaky stuff with me ( Let's so how many who refers too this as cyber shall we? )

Ok I'll do it.

Ooooh... Burlok did naughty things with the High Councillor Surprised
Back to top Go down
Burlok

Burlok

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2009, 15:46

Dagren i want your babies!

And i vote no too Darkfall 'til it adds some proper graphics. I'd say the best way too describe the current one is... clay
Back to top Go down
Erio

Erio

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2009, 16:32

Darkfall is unique due to it's gameplay..
And about graphics, eh.. check WoW? Razz anyway..

It's been rumored tons of times before to take the Westbrook Garrison and you -Could- just use it for your RP? (and the criminal one's) Imo it's a way better alternative, there's no bars, meh.. but there IS a chance to RP, so that's better imo, just imagine a few bars with a door in it at the stairs to the basement
Back to top Go down
http://feronius.deviantart.com
The Demoman

The Demoman

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2009, 17:10

WoW Graphics = A Bit Cartoony, that's why it's abut "catching" and somehow for me is a bit more "happy"

Darkfall Graphics = More of the Oblivion graphics by my opinion.

ON TO THE MATTER OF STATE PRISION

Put them in a concetration camp, those fellas that scream I mean, there they can scream all they want
Back to top Go down
Erio

Erio

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06 2009, 22:42

RPwise (in looks) I prefer Oblivion tough
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2009, 04:13

Burlok wrote:
Dagren i want your babies!

And i vote no too Darkfall 'til it adds some proper graphics. I'd say the best way too describe the current one is... clay

I want your babies too!

So I guess we can trade them?
Back to top Go down
Kathaly

Kathaly

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2009, 12:02

Erio wrote:
RPwise (in looks) I prefer Oblivion tough
Yeah... But you know not everyone has a computer that can run Oblivion...
Blizz used reduced graphics to allow more ppl to play
Back to top Go down
Erio

Erio

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07 2009, 19:25

the style is completly different to tough, like a human actually looks like a human :O (and not as.. square as blizz' version Razz )
Back to top Go down
Burlok

Burlok

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08 2009, 07:34

Well WoW is "now" an old game. It's a veteran of what it's doing. Darkfall is not. It's a new game in the year of 2009 therefor i whould expect ALOT more of it. The graphics too me looks like a 5 year old kid with down syndrom programed it and his brother did the models for the game.

The gameplay is good in therory but it will eventually crash and burn. I heared this shit about Ago of Conan! Warhammer Online! Eve online! Tabuala Rausa! Please! Tell me how wrong i am! Please tell me how Darkfall is a gift from god himself! Please tell me that i'm a jerk, that i'm mean for not sideing in your opinion i will stil have a welcome back party for you all when you return too WoW, because you will... We all return.. We.. All.. Return..
Back to top Go down
Kathaly

Kathaly

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08 2009, 11:10

Khm... "Replace the stockades" do you remember?
So go and do an "Why so f*cking awesome the Darkfall is" topic...
Back to top Go down
Erio

Erio

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08 2009, 14:51

lol burlok, nah.. you don't -Have- to agree.. altough all those other titles didn't even caught my interest enough to actually check out their forums or anything like that..

And yes I know this is a stockade topic, just like the previous three.. and there's not much new left to discuss.. some people spam way more random stuff in topics. /shrug "discussion" is over anyway imo Razz

And the stockades are a poor way to RP prisons, for hardly anybody does it right Mad
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08 2009, 17:38

I BLAME YOU! *points into the mirror*
Back to top Go down
Burlok

Burlok

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14 2009, 12:24

No! You're too wonderfull to be blamed! Noooooo! *Slowmotionly casts himself between the finger and the mirror*
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14 2009, 16:03

Dagren wrote:

Ok I'll do it.

Ooooh... Burlok did naughty things with the High Councillor Surprised

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replace the stockades   Replace the stockades Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replace the stockades
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stormwind Militia :: OOC :: Ideas and suggestions-