Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

Angry Rant

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprin/Thesus

Sprin/Thesus

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Character sheet

Angry Rant Empty
PostSubject: Angry Rant   Angry Rant Icon_minitimeThu May 07 2009, 23:53

Right, due to... someone who will remain nameless...'s actions, Rumo has now quit RP. Deciding whether or not to quit RP on Thesus, too, simply because I have lost my appetite for RP at the moment, due to prolonged meta-gaming and closed-circle RPing.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metagaming_(role-playing_games)

Examples of metagaming include:

* Adjusting a character's actions if the player has some foreknowledge of the long-term intentions of the gamemaster.
* Using certain types of attack or defense based on the strengths and weaknesses of a monster/other characters the character knows nothing of, for example a weakness to fire-based magic.
* Acting on technical and/or scientific knowledge that the character is not or could not be aware of (such as creating gunpowder in a Dark Ages or Middle Ages setting).
* Adjusting a character's behavior towards other player characters based on real-life relationships with other players.
* Using knowledge of the game's mechanics to gain an advantage in the game by having the character do something that makes no sense given the character's personality and psychology.
* Assuming that something that appears to be wrong or unlikely in the game world is a mistake of the gamemaster rather than something that could be investigated.
* Assuming that if an item (often a chest, desk or book-case) is mentioned by the gamemaster during the initial description of an area, it must have some relevance to the storyline, and immediately searching or examining it (while ignoring other furnishings or objects that are most likely there as well).
* Deciding on a character's course of action based on how the game's mechanics will affect the outcome without more significant regard placed on how the character would actually behave.
* Any action that is based upon the knowledge that one is playing a game.
* Another form of metagaming occurs as a form of powergaming during character creation, when a player takes flaws or liabilities that they know the gamemaster is unlikely to fully exploit, thereby acquiring extra creation options without paying a corresponding penalty.
* In split-screen games, using another player's viewpoint to determine information that one's own character doesn't have, such as map layout and the locations of other characters.

So... Seeya on Rumo, possible Seeya on Thesus.
Back to top Go down
Arod Gryphon

Arod Gryphon

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Character sheet

Angry Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angry Rant   Angry Rant Icon_minitimeFri May 08 2009, 14:07

It saddens me to hear of such, man. No one likes ‘prolonged meta-gaming and closed-circle RPing’ – I trust this isn’t the only action that resulted in your departure.

Never good to see a RPer leave.
Back to top Go down
Sprin/Thesus

Sprin/Thesus

Character sheet

Angry Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angry Rant   Angry Rant Icon_minitimeSat May 09 2009, 17:50

Well, as I said, it was due to someone's (who I won't name) actions that pushed me towards the decision.
Back to top Go down
Sprin/Thesus

Sprin/Thesus

Character sheet

Angry Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angry Rant   Angry Rant Icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 22:54

As per usual: Sod it, I'm back in RP and slightly better than ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Angry Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angry Rant   Angry Rant Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angry Rant
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stormwind Militia :: OOC :: Off-topic-
Jump to: