Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

A New Recruiting System?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jacos

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-11-12

A New Recruiting System? Empty
PostSubject: A New Recruiting System?   A New Recruiting System? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12 2009, 20:42

To those who do not know (Most of you, for this matter, as I haven't told anybody untill now, seeing that I joned a few minutes ago xP ), I used to be in the Stormwind Militia, until I was kicked out, because I hadn't been on WoW for ages (We were moving and I couldn't be arsed to say I would be away for a while Smile ).

Anyway, I think there should be a new recruiting system. Here's my idea:

Person 1# asks in the SwM forums to join, and fills out a form, such as:
Name:
Charaters background/story:
Forums name:
Example of good militia RP:
How long have you RPed:

This way, only decent RPers would get in. It would seem quite easy for a bad RPer to get in, seeing that all recruitment is IC. There would be a topic made by a moderater to apply to join, and another for a roster.

Then, a high ranking member in the forums, maybe a moderator or an admin, would accept or decline through PM, and put their name on the roster or not.

Then, if they were accepted, they would be allowed to mail to somebody, whom is a high ranking member in the militia, and go to the training session.

Such a method has proved invaluable to a community I play on, called 'RoleNation', a serious RP site for GMod (That was not an advertisment, but feel free to join.)

If you want an example, look at this. This is an application to join, by a member of RoleNation. I don't expect you to read all of it, just skp it to the dotted line if you like. Just notice how much effort was put into it:

Steam Name: Bellm(i/a)nator

Character Name: Armondo Valentino

Have you read and comprehended the directories? Yes, I have read over the linguistics guide, and also about how we will be having extensive training.

List the ranking structure:
OW-A Overwatch soldier trained to be the best of the best, highly brainwashed, and highly skilled.

EOW-A Elite Overwatch soldier which has more experience, training, (maybe some more brainwashing), and has pretty much mastered what standard Overwatch soldiers can do.

How will you contribute to the advancement of the OTA?
I will (attempt-as I have a life you know) to attend all the training/meeting we do in my time period as Overwatch, I can passive RP very well (Although this may not be needed much), I RP very well with mobiles. I also almost always shoot to miss, and unlike some people I don't have the sudden urge to get on characters without permission first.

List important information:
First of all the OTA is much more advance than the MPF.
The OTA is not allowed to be active in the Nexas or outside without permission from a higher rank or RN Leader/Superadmin(?).
OW < EOW of course.
The OTA should ALWAYS use proper linguistics.

Give a character back story, it is mandated to be at least three paragraphs long: Armondo Valentino was born in Italy in the year of 1968, life was pretty normal at this time since the storm portals had not yet began appearing.
He started attending scuola elementare at the age of six, thankfully scuola is free because his family was very poor and only got so much money from the cheese they sold.
He then attended secondaria di 1 grado until he was fourteen, it was tuff getting into this class because it did not provide free books or enrollment, but he scraped by. Armondo- not being the smartest person
decided to skip secondaria superiore or liceo, which was voluntary anyways, and then began to help his father in his cheese making bussiness.
Armondo was not so fond of making cheese, mainly because he would get many a blisters from churning the butter twenty-four-seven.

At the age of 19 Armondo found a huge interest in writing, so he began to write poems, small books, and other things of the like. He later applied at a local newsprint, hoping to get some kind of job there.
He got a job as a editor there, and made about five-thousand Italian Lires a hour, although this was not much it was more than his father made, and gave him enough money to buy basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter.
He had alot of fun being the editor, as this may sound boring to most people, Armondo liked to be isolated, and always working. Although many people found this strange, he did not care a bit, for he was barely self-conscious at all.
Arnondo kept this job seeing how he liked it so much until he was about thirty-six, and his writing hand constantly hurt very badly. He can still use it, but not for much, he can barely write for 5 minutes without it cramping up, or hurting as if someone has stuck a knife through it.
He attempted to write on a computer, but being so poor he had little to no knowledge of how to use one, and basically gave up.
He took a job as a janator later on, as he did not like this job so much, enleast it use mainly his arm and not his hands, and he was still mostly isolated, just like he likes.

Soon the year 2010 came, Armondo had just had his 41st birthday a few months ago. One day he suddenly heard a large crackle, somewhat like lightning, only ten times louder. As he closed his ears and looked out his window to find a large dark hole in the sky just a few miles away, Armondo fainted.
He woke up 4 days later in a small apartment, caose was all around, screaming, crying, and strange hovering creaters roaming the streets, killing anyone who attempted to hurt, or stop them. Armondo sat down in a small seat in his apartment, and did nothing. He was so confused, that all he could do was sit there.
Days passed, and as things started to straiten out, human like people in thick black suits began marching in the streets, these people brought small portions of food to Garry every so often, but they would normally just throw it onto the floor as he slept during the night, not giving a care.
As the time passed, things started looking more and more like they look now.

Soon Armondo started seeing far more caring people, in less bulky uniforms on the streets, and suddenly noticed small signs, saying where and when you can apply to become something called a "Metropolice Officer", whatever that is, he thought.
He asked around curious to see who these people were, and after many small talks with his newly found neighbors, Armondo decided he would try out for it, for all he has to do is sit in his apartment, surviving.

Armondo was quickly excepted in the MPF even though he was a lil' old. He quickly grew in rank, and soon became a OfC, but, this 'job' slightly boring him, Armondo is now trying out for the OTA, he hopes hes good enough, for that little more brainwashing, could get him so much closer to becoming a true.. combine.(Enleast thats what he thinks.)

Give some examples of OTA operation roleplay:
Dispatch: We have multiple mobiles heading for A3. INTERCEPT, STABALIZE, PACIFY.
The OW suddenly looks up as he hears the dispatch, looking toward the EOWs-
The group instantly stands, slinging their weapons over their back.
EOW over radio: Deploy multiple APCs to locality, confine.
The group walks out of the Nexus, a APC ready to go.
They enter the APC, start it up, and begin to head to SA3.

Once they get there, they find the area blocked off, just as they had ordered.
They hop out of the vehicle, unslinging their weapons, there is a large crowd in the middle of the blockade(Clamp). One of the people in the group has a SMG, but the majority only had meelee weapons.

The leader of the squad walks up a bit, and says: Anti-citizens, drop weapons and dis-continue civil unrest, malcompliance will result in termination.

The citizens look to the combine, a bit of heistation, and drop their weapons, knowing they are highly outnumbered.
The combine says: Mobiles, localize to APC.
The citizens slowly walk over to one of the multiple APCs, as a MPF begins to search, tie, and load them into the cars.
But one citizen remains standing, a look of pycality in his eyes. A EOW walks up to him, saying "Anti-citizen, localize to APC."
The citizen looks at him with wide eyes, and suddenly runs toward the dropped SMG.
All the combine turn to him, and the EOW who had just speaked to him, raised his weapon-
Bang.
The citizen had shot himself in the head, the MPF near the APCs began to chuckle slightly.
The EOW walks over to the citizens corpse, kicking it hard, making sure it was actually dead.
The EOW sighs, "Steralize(Not the type where you take control of a cituation, the one where you clean up a mess)

Why should I accept you?
I am a very experienced RPer, I have been in the community for about 2 years now, and have gotten into the OTA previously.

Do you understand that once you are removed from the OTA for a valid reason, you are permanently expatriated from it?

Yes, but this will never happen will it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See? With a sort of application like that, you could have a great miltia Smile

Not that you don't have one, I mean an even better militia :p

Oh, and I hope to be re-joining the militia soon, when my new charater gets to a high enough level to wear armor which makes him look like a militiant.
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A New Recruiting System?   A New Recruiting System? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20 2009, 22:07

Quote :
How long have you RPed:

This way, only decent RPers would get in. It would seem quite easy for a bad RPer to get in, seeing that all recruitment is IC

Woah woah...your declining new folk from joining?

You do realise that your missing out on a HUGE amount of RP'ers by turning down new people? no-one is a perfect RP'er when they start, that is an absolute fact and so your effectively making yourself far more elitist using this method...

Accepting new RP'ers is a good way, if their RP is considered 'bad' (Whatever your opinion on 'bad' RP is) then teach them how to RP more realistically...

After all...i'm sure there are quite a few SWM members who have 'bad' RP by RPing uncorruptable goody-two-shoes guards who are completly immune to bribary and generally are horrific to roleplay with...

See? Opinions on 'bad RP' differ

Also...this is the Stormwind Militia, comparing it to the recruitment methods of the Combine Overwatch is a bit ironic isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Jacos

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: A New Recruiting System?   A New Recruiting System? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21 2009, 01:26

The Spy wrote:
Quote :
How long have you RPed:

This way, only decent RPers would get in. It would seem quite easy for a bad RPer to get in, seeing that all recruitment is IC

Woah woah...your declining new folk from joining?

You do realise that your missing out on a HUGE amount of RP'ers by turning down new people? no-one is a perfect RP'er when they start, that is an absolute fact and so your effectively making yourself far more elitist using this method...

Accepting new RP'ers is a good way, if their RP is considered 'bad' (Whatever your opinion on 'bad' RP is) then teach them how to RP more realistically...

After all...i'm sure there are quite a few SWM members who have 'bad' RP by RPing uncorruptable goody-two-shoes guards who are completly immune to bribary and generally are horrific to roleplay with...

See? Opinions on 'bad RP' differ

Also...this is the Stormwind Militia, comparing it to the recruitment methods of the Combine Overwatch is a bit ironic isn't it?

First, I don't mean to keep out all the genuine RPers, maybe just the people who Really suck, like total idiots, not just bad RPers. People like this:

"RP – or roleplaying (This question is not a nessecarity and should only be included if you are one of those who Roleplay): RP is my Favorite thing

Character name: Gribber the Griper

Background/History: A farmer wich has choosen the dark side and Became a Servant of the Lich King , Lich king called him Griper because Gribber liked Death Griping Everything"

And my second point is, I was just using the application as an example of good RPer/application, I wasn't comparing the SWM with the CCA.

Hmm? What d'you say to that?

And I expect atleast a full paragraph of writing as an answer, in less then 24 hours. Oh, and one last thing:

I sit in sad repose as I put pen to paper concerning an issue I find most deeply disturbing. I want to share this with you because The Spy's eccentricity is surpassed only by his vanity and his vanity is surpassed only by his empty theorizing. (Remember his theory that the cure for evil is more evil?) The Spy wants me to stop trying to weaken the critical links in his nexus of morbid revisionism. Instead, he'd rather I get fired from my job. Sorry, but I don't accept defeat that easily. He sees the world as somewhat anarchic, a game of catch-as-catch-can in which the sneakiest numskulls nab the biggest prizes. Let me close by reminding you that The Spy has lost contact with reality.
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A New Recruiting System?   A New Recruiting System? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13 2009, 06:08

Jacos wrote:
I sit in sad repose as I put pen to paper concerning an issue I find most deeply disturbing. I want to share this with you because The Spy's eccentricity is surpassed only by his vanity and his vanity is surpassed only by his empty theorizing. (Remember his theory that the cure for evil is more evil?) The Spy wants me to stop trying to weaken the critical links in his nexus of morbid revisionism. Instead, he'd rather I get fired from my job. Sorry, but I don't accept defeat that easily. He sees the world as somewhat anarchic, a game of catch-as-catch-can in which the sneakiest numskulls nab the biggest prizes. Let me close by reminding you that The Spy has lost contact with reality.

This is the SWM forums, not poetry class...

And once again:

Quote :
First, I don't mean to keep out all the genuine RPers, maybe just the people who Really suck, like total idiots, not just bad RPers. People like this:

Thats why i said:

Quote :
then teach them how to RP more realistically...

If said person comes up to you with such an application, question them on it and nudge them in a more favourable direction...

If they do continue to RP an illigitimate son of Illidan or what-not then by all means deny them if they are ungrateful for sound advice but to deny those that 'really suck' is something of extremely poor taste in my view...

I for one came to this server hoping to learn how to roleplay since it was my first encounter with roleplayers, heck i didn't even know what the brackets in /say represented so i joined the Stormwind Militia...

It was the likes of the previous Head Recruiter Arod that showed me the ropes of what is considered more acceptable to roleplay and he generally got me to grips with understanding the lore behind classes, races, factions and learning how the Militia works...

Trust me, i'm no malicious forum troll..i'm just here to offer some basis of criticism for whats put on here since i consider this my home
Back to top Go down
Narcaz Ramirez

Narcaz Ramirez

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A New Recruiting System?   A New Recruiting System? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19 2009, 16:10

Like the Idea... though... The time you've RPed doesn't ALWAYS tell you about the quality of the RPr, Look at zephrus for example: He first started RP when he joined the SWM (which he had to quit his US account which he worked on for atleast 4 years, just to join us, so respect him!>:O) And he was from the start one of the best recruits i've ever had, aswell as ranming amoung the top RPrs in my list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Recruiting System?   A New Recruiting System? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Recruiting System?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stormwind Militia :: Platoons :: Recruits and recruitment-
Jump to: