Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

Events

Go down 
+2
The Demoman
Narcaz Ramirez
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Narcaz Ramirez

Narcaz Ramirez

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Character sheet

Events Empty
PostSubject: Events   Events Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19 2009, 01:32

Seeing that the cavalry pretty much is dieing, I think some real good events would make us climb back to the top and be the elite once more. Though I can think of events myself, I was wondering what Idea's YOU might have? So if you have any events in mind don't hesistate to reply! We need all the epicness we can get! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Character sheet

Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events   Events Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21 2009, 16:12

Narcaz Ramirez wrote:
Seeing that the cavalry pretty much is dieing, I think some real good events would make us climb back to the top and be the elite once more. Though I can think of events myself, I was wondering what Idea's YOU might have? So if you have any events in mind don't hesistate to reply! We need all the epicness we can get! Twisted Evil

another survivor? I thought this was a necro-forum.
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Character sheet

Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events   Events Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22 2009, 19:24

It is not completely dead
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
The Demoman

The Demoman

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Character sheet

Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events   Events Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24 2009, 08:38

It's still twitching and squirming, maybe someday it will be able to breath and live normaly again- wait, this is a forum, not a living thing, psh...

Although I like the idea of the "not-completely-dead" makes it seem something like survivors of a Post-Apocalyps.
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Character sheet

Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events   Events Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25 2009, 03:35

It is indeed not dead
*pokes the forum*
There, it moved.
Wonderfull feathers, a Norwegian blue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Andarana Aroth

Andarana Aroth

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Character sheet

Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events   Events Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11 2009, 20:52

Seeing as I don't know what is happening on the server, I can't really help with tips on how to make the cavalry "not dead".
I SHALL RETURN THOUGH!

Anyways. How many guilds are we working with and against? Ask for some epic events involving saving the kingdom? That really makes us feel like we're fighting for Stormwind, so we're not in like Hinterlands chasing wolves for fangs or whatever.
And also something involing "very cavalry", with the horses and stuff. Since the horse is probably the most important thing when you're in the cavalry, maybe do something that also actually involves the horses instead of just patrolling with them? Because that is just boooooring.
Back to top Go down
http://linasvampyrer.blogg.se
Dascombe

Dascombe

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Character sheet

Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events   Events Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13 2009, 06:00

Problem with the cavelry was that folks in there thought they were knights-in-shining armour compared to the footmen

Footmen were treated like scum, everyone hated it so they went to the cavelry because they were treated by the officers as being 'superior' because they had an emphasis on being more 'elite' and higher level which was boll*cks...

That and the fact it was a pain since the level 40's had to catch up with level 60 mounts which was a real pain in the arse...

And if you want me to be REALLY picky the fact that the paladins were prancing about on their golden unicorns (chargers) got rid of the last remenants of the military-image and made them look like prize-paladins worthey of Tirion Fordring the ultimate of mary-sues...

The cavalry is just the footmen on horses, nothing more, nothing less...

Once a member of the cavalry (who's name goes by me) told me that the cavalry was the elite of the Militia and the ones who went to do instances and attack places far from Stormwind...

What the fu**? this is the -STORMWIND- Militia, there is NO occasion where ICly you'd be in places like Arathi, Stranglethorn or even Northrend...
There is far more to be done within the kingdom's borders than there is to do outside it especially when you have cults, bandits and general unrest in the kingdom...
And the fact this one member told me the cavalry specifically did instances...i spit on such a notion...

This is a -ROLEPLAY- guild and as such should remain one, shoddy looking armour is what this guild once aspired to, not this T7-wearing bunch of tw*ts that i see these days going

"Oh but it looks Stormwind-ish"

Load of tripe, those pauldrons are something that no guard alive in Stormwind would be able to afford on a normal salary unless they were something like the royal guard to Varian Wrynn which in its own right would be:
1. Mary-sueish
2. Tedious to RP
3. Hold a position / title over the SWM's leader

But going back on track:

If you want ideas for the cavalry, get some damned originality and creativity that stays within the confines of lore...

EG: Get a random Hordie (SWM member's alt?) to RP a prisoner and set him loose in Westfall, have the cavalry hunt him down on horseback

Or something of that ilk, be a bit more original and go back to what the cavalry USED to do in SWM, not bloody raid and ponce about in epics...

//rageout
Back to top Go down
Asalinia

Asalinia

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Character sheet

Events Empty
PostSubject: Events   Events Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15 2009, 20:51

i do agree partly there, militia are citizens pretty much volunteering to fight, not given the best armour and equipment and nothing copared to what the army gets, but then again it would be slightly difficult to suddenly cange the militia becuase it has been around for so long.
Back to top Go down
Narcaz Ramirez

Narcaz Ramirez

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Character sheet

Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events   Events Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19 2009, 15:59

Quote :
If you want ideas for the cavalry, get some damned originality and creativity that stays within the confines of lore...

EG: Get a random Hordie (SWM member's alt?) to RP a prisoner and set him loose in Westfall, have the cavalry hunt him down on horseback

Or something of that ilk, be a bit more original and go back to what the cavalry USED to do in SWM, not bloody raid and ponce about in epics...
dispite the freakishly long speech which did make a hell of alot of sence... i do like the idea ya have there:3 ill do it as soon ias i get my account back... again... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Events   Events Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Events
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stormwind Militia :: Platoons :: Cavalry-
Jump to: