Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

Infantry Uniform Suggestions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dascombe

Dascombe

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Character sheet

Infantry Uniform Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Infantry Uniform Suggestions   Infantry Uniform Suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13 2009, 06:25

I can see SWM is still using the imperial plate armour that everyone so adoringly associates it with, but here i have a more alternative and possibly realistic suggestion:

Grey quality armour

Now i understand some of you may look at it and go 'Eerruugh' but hold back and think for a moment.
What can you improve when your character is the very visige of Varian himself? how can the perfect get improved? answer: they can't
By using shabby grey armour and working your way (ICLY) to aquiring some better armour you could gain more RP out of it than simply whispering your blacksmith mate and asking for some armour OOCly.

People forget this, customising your character shouldn't be a case of popping to the AH and spending 150G on the full imperial plate set and having little-or-no explination as to how you aquired it...

head to Northrend ICly as part of a small detachment, kill some mobs up north and try to aquire some of the grey armour up there or if your in a rush, do it OOCly but have a friend of yours ICly craft it out for you in the Dwarf district rather than relying on mats you've gathered OOCly.

With all the brand new epics coming out with every new patch and every person thinking "OH I CAN USE THAT FOR SWM ARMOUR" despite it being a piece of epic tier armour, people seem to forget that others are thinking the same and eventually you all become bloody identical with little or no originality, you become a huge group of what is commonly known as mary-sue's.

Shabby clothing, dented platemail, torn chain, these are the things that show you've thought about your character thoroughly rather than copy the person next in line and cashing out in imperial plate.

I do understand that this guild is called the Stormwind 'Militia' and as such a Militia is not armed to the teeth with expertly-crafted armour and weaponry, its armed with pitchforks, clubs and rags, if you want to be a step above that then your talking shoddy shortswords and hastily crafted chainmail...

Remember: RPing the underdog is often the best
Back to top Go down
Nardon

Nardon

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Infantry Uniform Suggestions   Infantry Uniform Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23 2009, 00:17

I like the idea...
But right now everyone is still with the "Look I am a knight with the shiny armour" style. There is nothing wrong with that though..

Anyway, I wouldn't mind doing it this way and getting better armour could be a lot more chalanging this way. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Narcaz Ramirez

Narcaz Ramirez

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Infantry Uniform Suggestions   Infantry Uniform Suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23 2009, 01:45

Sounds nice, it would be epic if you need to work your way to better looking armor (like in the imperial legion in TES) Though you got to remember, eventhough our name says we are a militia, that time has passed and we are now an official guard force, but it would be a shame to rename one of the oldest guilds in the server making it basically a new guild (cause you have to remake it). Which removes all proof of the guild beeing so old, and then it can no longer show that it actually -is- good proving to last MUCH longer than most guilds can even hope to last.
But in anycase, I'll see if i can work things out with pilus and karamarus on maby 2 or 3 armor sets, I.E. Recruit armor - footman armor - veteranfootman+
Back to top Go down
Nardon

Nardon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Infantry Uniform Suggestions   Infantry Uniform Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24 2009, 00:03

THe next thing is that we need to make sure that they keep wearing their given armour.

A lot of people right now come in with armour sets designed by themselves.
Back to top Go down
Narcaz Ramirez

Narcaz Ramirez

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Infantry Uniform Suggestions   Infantry Uniform Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24 2009, 02:21

One of the resons i'll -have- to be strict when i have my account back and lead the cav again, seeing that onley the slightest difference in the uniform makes the formation look more peasant like. I'm thinking of making the helmet a requirement, and not wearing it while on patrol or in battle (as a helmet can save your life) will result in punishment, boot out of the cav, or maby even a demotion Shocked
But those are things that will come later when the cav can be the elite again, with an infantry at their side, cause now the cav REALY needs more than 3 active members, one of them beeing me.... (when i can log back on my account that is)
Though, playing oblivion while i was bored from non-wow aswell as morrowind i've gotten -alot- of great idea's for new missions, mission types, setups, battles etc. and beeing a member of the cav, and probably the entire militia will be alot more fun and more exiting, boosting our numbers and activity!=D
Or.... it might make us look like fools and we will die cause I though i was smart... but lets not think of that slight posibility Razz
Back to top Go down
Nardon

Nardon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Infantry Uniform Suggestions   Infantry Uniform Suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24 2009, 23:28

Main thing is that there needs to change a LOT in the Militia.
The RP is going down-hill right now and if the Militia wants to remain one of the best RP guild on the server we need to change some things in my opinion.

I can't wait for those new ideas. Razz
Back to top Go down
Narcaz Ramirez

Narcaz Ramirez

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Infantry Uniform Suggestions   Infantry Uniform Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2009, 00:37

Now you say it... Why don't we call an officer meeting, with you included, and see what needs to be better, what needs to change, why it needs to change, and how it would help us? Maby even do it on skype? (that way I can join too^^ Its proving to be a git to find someone with a damd credit card)
Back to top Go down
Nardon

Nardon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Infantry Uniform Suggestions   Infantry Uniform Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2009, 03:32

You live in The Netherlands right? You can also choose iDeal as paying method, you'll only need your regular bank pass than. Razz
Back to top Go down
Narcaz Ramirez

Narcaz Ramirez

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Infantry Uniform Suggestions   Infantry Uniform Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26 2009, 02:01

Yes I COULD use IDeal.... but... the last time I did that my account got locked.... then got it unlocked, payed with IDeal once more, now its locked again, together with that as payment method and gamecard as payment method.... Creditcard onley it says.... >.> So once more: All hail the briliant intelect of Blizzard! *cheers*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infantry Uniform Suggestions   Infantry Uniform Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Infantry Uniform Suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stormwind Militia :: Platoons :: Infantry-
Jump to: