Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

Nostalgia thread

Go down 
+3
Alais
Nardon
Zalon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zalon

Zalon

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-10-03

Character sheet

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27 2012, 01:42

After browsing this now semi-dead forum, there were alot of people and some pictures (most of them removed now Razz) that really brought back memories, so I'm woundering whenever anyone sees this - how you all are, and if you have continued playing WoW or given up on it.

I myself is still RPing as Scourge brining the divine teaching of the great king Arthas to thoes foolish enough to stand against us.

Last edited by Zalon on Sun Aug 17 2014, 00:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nardon

Nardon

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Character sheet

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 13:15

Hey Zalon! Nice to see you back again here!

So just logging in for the first time again in many months and someone actually made a post here. Razz

I am doing well! Busy with studying though... (Doing an IT course for either system administrator or software developer)

Unfortunately I quit playing WoW a while ago. Took a break just before Cataclysm because I had the feeling I had seen everything that I wanted to see and the game just didn't provide anything interesting for me anymore (besides for RP which I still enjoyed, but was dead on Scarshield Legion around that time..). I hoped that would change with Cataclysm but it was just really underwhelming for me. It was kinda fun but I expected more of it. So that, together with some RL stuff that kept me busy I decided to quit WoW altogether.

But I am thinking about playing Star Wars: The Old Republic soon, I had a lot of fun with it during the beta and there was also a pretty active RP community there! So I am probably not leaving MMO's entirely. Razz

But how are you? Are there a lot of ex militants left to RP with? Razz
Back to top Go down
Zalon

Zalon

Character sheet

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28 2012, 13:57

Thats nice to hear, I unfortunantly had to redo a shool year, (IT courses too!)

And indeed WoW in general have died down abit with everything that has happent, yet I've seen that SSL got a "The SSL Project" withs is based on revival of Scarshield, seems it goes quiet well for them, or so i've heard at least!
gona check on their activity time to time, to find any old RPers from SSL.

And personaly on DefiasBrotherhood witsh I've gone too to RP, dosen't seem to have any Stormwind Militia veterns, there are only a few people from SSL that I've seen on DB, maybe theres more but I haven't notice it then Razz

Lets hope for more people too check this post out and write!

Back to top Go down
Alais

Alais

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Character sheet

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28 2012, 13:58

Hey there! Thought I'd at least drop a message from everyone's least-known sergeant. Well! I sorta dropped out of WoW. After 6 years of solid play, it just...Grew old. It's not that the game has got worse or anything; in fact, I believe that at least from a game-play perspective, the games in the healthiest place it's been for ages! But...Well, one game can only be played so long.

Now I'm a LoL player! The MOBA genre is for me! Still, hard to find RP /anywhere/ in the internet these days; at least at a decent quality/Not-highschool related. Honestly, RP is the only thing that could draw me back to WoW right now. But...I don't want to pay to have Alais transferred to Argent Dawn...

Anyway! Don't know if anyone will read this, but I thought I'd give it a go. A guestbook for old-times sake.
Back to top Go down
xariandra

xariandra

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 23:02

I quit WoW shortly into cata, game's just too old and stuff just gets rehashed too much for me to enjoy it anymore. I'm a variety gamer nowadays mainly, playing RPG's, RTS's, shooters, etc.. oh and I'm present at prologue-wow.com which was a project that some old-school SSLers helped founding. I have my own server there now
Back to top Go down
Zalon

Zalon

Character sheet

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2012, 13:01

Nice, good to hear from so many people, I've been sold by a friend of mine to join Prologue and I'll try out the Scourge/Cult of the damned there, seeing I've sharpen my skill in RPing scourge, I hope I can do it well ^^

The Scourge will wash over the land of mortals, purgeing the flaws of mortality and creating the perfect being, undeath, we will save the mortals from themself!

The roots of the Scourge are sewn in the folly of all races. Our rise to power is the product of the sins of those who mean our end. The so called 'heroes' of the land fall before us by resorting to a measure of our ideals to bring forth their envisioned victory. Their victory is a vehicle to the realization that without resorting to what they define as deplorability to achieve it, we would have overcome them instead. In both outcomes, win or lose, the Scourge invariably wins. When this is recognized, submission to our will is inevitable.

Know this well, for darkness is approaching.
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Character sheet

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12 2012, 07:25

Shit, I thought I was the only one who wandered this graveyard of a forum!
Good to see some old faces still alive and well Smile

Am with Xari over at Prologue, I buggered off from SSL round about the end period of the Stormwind council months to go join Prologue and then took a couple of years out from that project. Not been on WoW for about 3 years now but hoping to come back to it sometime in June 2013 when I graduate from digging-up-corpses 101.

https://www.facebook.com/Hrodgeir?ref=tn_tnmn add me up on facebook for olde tyme's sake!
Back to top Go down
Nardon

Nardon

Character sheet

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 14:51

I'll also add my Facebook if someone's interested: https://www.facebook.com/bart.willemsen.9
Back to top Go down
Fedelor

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16 2013, 01:46

Fun to see that the guild made an impression on some of us. Might be a lesser known member but i recognize the names of those who've written in the thread so far.

I stopped playing wow just a few months into Cataclysm and now I just play when the occasional 14-days-free game time drops into my mailbox. My reason for quitting was that I just didn't feel the connection to the game like I did earlier. My friends stopped playing and roleplay died out on the realms I played on. I do however get extremely nostalgic from time to time when I think about "the glory days". Anyone remember the recruitment video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atRDP8C2KGo

Today I study Fire protection engineering in Sweden, with finals coming up this wednesday (and here I am on the internet instead of studying). Hope anyone of you remember poor Footman Fedelor Thordril. Because I remember you and miss playing the game with you!
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Character sheet

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21 2014, 05:53

Alais wrote:
Now I'm a LoL player! The MOBA genre is for me! Still, hard to find RP /anywhere/ in the internet these days; at least at a decent quality/Not-highschool related. Honestly, RP is the only thing that could draw me back to WoW right now. But...I don't want to pay to have Alais transferred to Argent Dawn...

Alais you classy bastard, i've missed your dry and sarcastic remarks in-game Sad
I know what you mean, online RP is hard to find... which is why i've resorted to the closest you can get to 'real life RP'....

No not LARP... battle re-enactment Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Character sheet

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21 2014, 05:57

And since this is the Nostalgia thread I do know there's still quite a few SSL'ers kicking around on the Prologue RP server. For those of you interested there's a SWM-esque guild being ran at the moment (http://forums.legacy-wowrp.com/topic/25686-draft-light-mature-the-westfall-brigade-approved/) goes by the name of the 'Westfall Brigade'

The only SSLers I know that are still around on that private server are Arod (make an appearance from time to time), myself, Aornar (the councillor who was executed in Stormwind), Aceth (one of the old Thuzadin members) and there's sure to be quite a few others kicking around somewhere, I just don't know with all the name changes.
Back to top Go down
Nardon

Nardon

Character sheet

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03 2014, 23:57

Sounds really good. Never really been into that whole Prologue thing but soon I'll finally have some spare time from school again so I'll be sure to check it out soon.

See y'all in Prologue than hopefully!
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Character sheet

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04 2014, 04:58

Nardon wrote:
Sounds really good. Never really been into that whole Prologue thing but soon I'll finally have some spare time from school again so I'll be sure to check it out soon.

See y'all in Prologue than hopefully!

Nardon, gimmie a shout up on Prologue if you pop on the forums, can help you out no worries Smile
Back to top Go down
Arakin Mash

Arakin Mash

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Character sheet

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2014, 13:10

Hello there! I don't know if you guys remember me or if you will ever see this post. But I am the guy who played Arakin, back when Scarshield Legion was awesome and full of activity.

I still remember you guys and how awesome it was to RP with you. It is unfortunate that back then, I was a kid, my English was quite limited, but I still tried my best to communicate with you guys. Back when I was still playing Wow and still playing in Scarshield Legion, I played beneath the basement of my father's fast-food place. It is unfortunate that every time there was a meeting, my father's shop was closing and I always had to log out.

It was great when I finally owned a laptop and could stay at home and roleplaying all out with you guys. I can't remember why I left, but I guess it was due to my schedule and I just got bored of RP in Wow.

I come back here to read some of the stories that I have written. And I admit it. The grammar and writing are terrible.... I feel bad that you guys have to suffer through my bad writing and bad grammar.

And a bit about what I have been doing since I left the Militia and Wow. I finished my Elementary School and moved on to spend a year at a Boarding School. Generally, it is a school where you live in it and you have a roommate. It is kinda like college. It was a great time of my life, I had a lot of fun there.

Now, I am on my second year on a business school. It is difficult, but I can handle it.

I hope you guys who come and visit this forum once in a while, are doing great in Real Life. I wish you all the best of fortunes and happiness in the future.
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Character sheet

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 21:57

Sup Arakin!
Aye I still remember you (think I was one of the ones that recruited you if I remember correctly)

Limited English is never really a problem in RP, there's always ways around it and folks can be quite accepting of effort made.

Hope you're still doing well dude, I haunt this forum quite frequently in the hopes of getting it active again at least for nostalgia's sake.

You'll find quite a few of us lurking around on the Prologue RP forums from time to time, there's a few old faces hanging around there.
Back to top Go down
Arakin Mash

Arakin Mash

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Character sheet

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08 2014, 18:49

Hey there Dascombe!

I am doing quite well, thanks for asking. I am glad to see that you are still around and guarding this place. Smile

I have been trying Prologue, but I don't really have the time to play more of it. I am glad to know that some of us are in Prologue. Perhaps when a good time comes, we shall meet in the game or the forum? Smile
Back to top Go down
xariandra

xariandra

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeSat May 10 2014, 23:52

I wonder how long this forum's gonna end up lasting.

Btw, I somehow never managed to create much of a collection (though I do have a few) of screenshots of our time roleplaying, would be cool if anyone who sees this later on has an album hidden somewhere can mirror it online and link it here.
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Character sheet

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeWed May 14 2014, 07:32

xariandra wrote:
I wonder how long this forum's gonna end up lasting.

Probably forever, if I remember right it's one of those free-forum designs hence the ad banners up top.

I'm on this forum every couple of days scouting it out in case folks come back to it.
Back to top Go down
Zalon

Zalon

Character sheet

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17 2014, 00:35

I'm very suprised, and happy to see so many actively chatting here!

I'll bring a little update of myself as well; currently I've moved kind of away from Defias brotherhood server and over to Argent Dawn, the last place I can imagen finding RP, hopefully it'll work out fine and one can have many more happy memories of RP there!

I'll also join Prologue Legacy thing, we'll see how well I can divert my time, but I do hope to see some of you again! especially to have a chat of to good ol' days.

If anyone want to get in touch with me on retail (WoW) they can do so on my battle.net: Zalon#2415 Otherwise Zalonomg on skype is also a way to do it! just add in that little chat box you're from SSL, otherwise I might think its a gnoll trying to trick me again  geek 

Have a continued pleasant summer/autumn!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nostalgia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia thread   Nostalgia thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nostalgia thread
Page 1 of 1