Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

Arod - Memoires

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Arod Gryphon

Arod Gryphon

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Character sheet

Arod - Memoires Empty
PostSubject: Arod - Memoires   Arod - Memoires Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28 2007, 11:25

Entry 1:
May the blessed Light fill our spirits with courage, for in the last few weeks I have met unspeakable evils. Yet in my service of Light, I felt I have met with great success on some levels, but I am only in the very beginnings of the role I have to play. This humble servant knows well that hundreds, perhaps thousands, of innocent lives will fall, if we are to fail in our defence - This is my reason to join the Stormwind Militia.

It had rained heavily this night, and the roads leading through Dustwallow March are soft as dough and seemed to grab hold of my boots as I trudged through the muddy dirt towards Theramore. Now that I’ve safely reached Theramore and enjoying the luxury of a well-brewed drink from the local tavern, I’ll start writing my memoirs of recent events.

First of all I’d like to speak of a few friends I’ve made during my days as a Militia. Sergeant Cantor Horus. A noble man with a kind heart and I come to believe he is a close friend, not only my former Corporal. I’ve been blessed with his presence on many occasions: Patrolling, defending or simply off-duty – A brother in arms. Perhaps it is because I know this man has lost those dear to him, resulting in the fact that he dedicated his life to the Militia.. A result I can all to well understand.

Then there is Recruiter Thesus. Being the current recruiter of the Stormwind Militia, I was asked by Commander Pilus Malbridge to search for him and apply for the Militia. I think he’s not much older than I am, but no doubt he has seen his fair share of battle already. Only a few days ago I was humoured by the fact I saw him in his engineering’s outfit.

Commander Pilus Malbridge. A disciplined, strong man, who has been commanding the Militia for many years. Being the Commander I’ve had little meetings with him. I trust him only to be closer to his officers, as all leaders should have their distance with their footman. After all, footmen should never see their commander hesitate in sending them to their possible death – even though I know this Commander worries for his Militia members.

There are many other Militia members, whom in time I shall introduce. I wear our tabard with pride and see how people react to its colours – for good or ill.

During my days with the militia I’ve been practicing my skills with the blade and tested my faith in the Light on many occasions – resulting in unexpected boons of Light. This served only as a prelude to our crusade through the Dark portal. Those were the days where my faith in the Blessed Light and my prowess against greater evils was truly put to the test. Bellows of hatred blended with howls of pain as the demons crashed upon the crescent stance of Horde and Alliance warriors – working together to fend of the demons. My blade was not effective against the thick, unholy hide of the demons, so I called upon the Blessed Light to heal those brave enough to stand in the heat of battle.

Arod - Memoires Assault_DarkPortal

This battle at the other side of the Dark Portal could go on for days, perhaps weeks – so we were forced to regroup and pass them unnoticed - Reaching the safety of Honor Hold not long after. This was my first crusade into the Outlands.. It is a barren waste land, where demons roam unchallenged – attacking at will with reckless hatred. I pray the Light will continue to favour us in our endeavours.

I should stop my entry here and continue another day. Tomorrow morning I shall travel back to the Kingdom of Stormwind and report for duty. May the Light bless our blades and grant us the wisdom to prevail.
Back to top Go down
Arod Gryphon

Arod Gryphon

Character sheet

Arod - Memoires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arod - Memoires   Arod - Memoires Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10 2007, 15:44

Entry 2:
The past few days seem like a blur and surely took its toll. A coldness that I still feel - It is painful and unnerving at the same time. I have not felt so debased in all my life. Let me try to explain the events of late..

Several days ago, while I was patrolling the streets of Stormwind with my dear friend Cantor, we were alarmed of a possible escalation in Goldshire. Without hesitation we made way to Goldshire to appraise the situation and deal with it accordingly. Upon arrival, before I entered the local tavern, I felt a presence of evil.. Focussed on the task at hand I moved inside, standing besides the Sergeant to aid him in any way required of me.

Recruiter Thesus and Footman Ahioux were already at the scene. There it was, standing in plain sight -like a beacon of despair– a Betrayer of Light. A once proud member of the Militia, as servant of Light, now was taken over to the forces of The Scourge: Zalon. His voice was dark and his aura of once purity now desecrated his very surroundings. The essence of Light surrounding both Thesus and me were overwhelmed by Zalon’s unholy radiance.. Sergeant Cantor, however, showed valour and moved in to confront the death knight. Testing Zalon’s new faith Cantor kneeled down and asked him to take his life if Zalon saw fit. Without hesitation Zalon raised his blade to execute the Sergeant, who in turn revealed a dagger to slice at Zalon the moment he moved his blade down.

From this moment chaos was everywhere. Zalon laughed with sadistic glee as some fled in terror. We were gaining on Zalon, when- at an unknown moment- a dread mistress appeared. A warlock - An emissary of the Lich King, named Xariandra. Her powers were truly revealed as we tried to defend the locals, and ourselves. Orders were given, but not all obeyed. Steel rang through the air, but none striking truly. Powerful magics were invoked, but futile in its attempt.

Cantor was battling Zalon, while we tried to stall the Warlock. Other brave individuals joined the battle, pressing them into a corner. Then a heavily enchanted blade, held by a Night Elf, pierced the protective barrier and struck the demon summoner. The Night Elf female wore a tabard of the Crimson Eagles.. I will not forget her face. While collapsing to the floor her last action was activating her swords powers, by placing it straight up in the wooden floor. Shadows were growing closer to the sword, a growing malice that was seemingly to explode. Only seconds later an implosion of pure evil radiated from the sword. Knowing this would eradicate all standing to close, I was able to command the Blessed Light to shield the Night Elf from the deadly magics.. Only to render myself unprotected from the unholy magics.. Darkness took me.

I fail the recall all events at that point. All I know now is that Sergeant Alais, Footman Xacsermat, Alavira and Karsan were standing at my bedside 4 days after. Alavira had shown me great support in my recovery, but unable to tell my tale.. Footman Xacsermat, however, seemed to know what brought me back. By pure chance Xacsermat ran into Xariandra and myself near Goldshire.. Xariandra unleashed her magics at him, alerting a closeby wizard named Lauron. A dreadful confrontation seemed to erupt, where Sergeant Alais was involved later on. According to Xacsermat, whom I trust speaks only truth, I was defending Xariandra with steel – assaulting those dear to me.

Then, Horde were sighted at Goldshire. Xariandra unleashed all her powers at the Horde but their numbers were many.. she fled from the scene, leaving Arod along to the Horde and the others. Later, when the Horde left the outskirts of Stormwind Xacsermat said that the divine light of Sergeant Alais brought my soul back into my body – placing me under the care of Alavira who was staying in Goldshire.

I pray that the Light will give me a chance to redeem myself in the eyes of my comrades – whom in turn do not take me responsible for my actions. I slowly recover from the dark forces that once surged through my body. At this moment I seek answers to what truely happened in the 3 days of unwilling service to the Lich King. I have not clue at this moment, only nightmares that I pray are far from truth.. but I fear for the worst. Cantor, where are you my friend?

So, I end my entry on the third day of my recovery, praying to fulfil my vows to undo what I did in those times and vanquishing the evil that brought so much tragedy to our humble village. Light be with us all in these unholy times.
Back to top Go down
Arod Gryphon

Arod Gryphon

Character sheet

Arod - Memoires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arod - Memoires   Arod - Memoires Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08 2008, 11:16

Entry 3 – 5th of Februari
Due to unforeseen circumstances, I’ve been unable to write lately. However, my mind is to troubled for the time to sleep so I force myself to pick up this quill again.

You should know, brave reader, that I’ve become an officer of the Stormwind Militia - Head-recruiter. It is a great responsibility that has been bestowed upon me and I treasure this honour with pride and care. Currently I have Recruiter Thesus and Recruiter Tyja under my command in training the new recruits into footman. It’s a long path, that requires a lot of discipline.. Once they’re ready and serving as well as I expect from all of the recruits, they are assigned to the Cavalry or Infantry platoon under the command of the Sergeants. I must admit I regret that at times for I have to start all over again with new recruits. However, I wish good fortune to all recruits in their carrier within the Militia.

I will refrain from telling the story why I’m here at Light’s Chapel in the Plaguelands, but it’s suffice to say that I’ve gained good friends in time – whom I won’t abandon lightly. They are resting with the Argent Dawn at the moment, after a dangerous journey through the territory of the Scourge. Let me tell you a bit of those friends..

- Corporal Liva Darkhammer.
An exemplary militant, who got the rank of footman quicker than I did, I believe. Her new rank ‘Corporal’ is only a prelude to her march in our ranks. She’s a good soldier, and a *Scratched words* close friend to many. In her recruit period I learned she was seeking to become a Knight of the Silver Hand, looking to become a squire in service of a Knight. I gave up that title long years past, so felt unfitting to aid her in doing so. I didn’t tell her either.. In time, she found Sir Tyragon of the Crimson Eagles.

- Recruiter Tyja Ladimore.
I think I could write pages of this woman, for it is she that brings my peace to my mind. It is she that brings true love into my heart. It is she that takes me to that special place where worry and hate are void, where peace and love reign supreme. I’ve asked advice of those close to me, if I should follow my heart instead of my mind. I’ve given my oath to serve Stormwind and her beauty.. The Militia is my life, but now things are complicated. I’m trying to work things out, but it only leads to chaos. Irony is not without a sense of humour, for it was Sergeant Cantor that adviced me to follow my heart – but in the end it was him that attacked my beloved. What most I do to restore her honour? Challenge my superior? My Brother-in-arms? Leave my beloved? .. I hold no answer.

Perhaps the Blessed Light will grant me the wisdom to see what is the right cause, for I am at a lose. Mind over heart? I have not felt so debased in all my life..

I must end my writing here, for I am up for watch. I pray the Light does not abandon us now and I give thanks for the continued favor towards our endeavor. May the Light strengthen us through our days...
Back to top Go down
Arod Gryphon

Arod Gryphon

Character sheet

Arod - Memoires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arod - Memoires   Arod - Memoires Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2009, 12:36

- Years later -

Arod smiles thinly as be moves his hand over de pages of his journal, rereading the old times past. He never would have thought to not wear the Stormwind Militia's tabard.
Back to top Go down
Jacos

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-11-12

Arod - Memoires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arod - Memoires   Arod - Memoires Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12 2009, 23:14

This is very good, well done Smile
Back to top Go down
Nardon

Nardon

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Character sheet

Arod - Memoires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arod - Memoires   Arod - Memoires Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27 2009, 00:24

Very nice story!
He was the one that recruited me...But now I think of it...I am almost 2 years member of the militia already. O.o

Woah...time flies..
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Character sheet

Arod - Memoires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arod - Memoires   Arod - Memoires Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21 2014, 06:03

A rather haggered man with matted ginger hair and an unkempt beard made his way through the Garrison.

Each turn he made he nodded to each of the guards, displaying a small bronze badge in the shape of a lion as each guard on duty grew suspicious of his presence.

He made his way to a small desk on the top floor and counted down each of the drawers as if he knew exactly where to look.

The man pulls out a large and dusty tome and blows the dust off the cover before opening it and reading the contents

"Hmm... it's been so many years... where did they all go?" He asks himself
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arod - Memoires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arod - Memoires   Arod - Memoires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arod - Memoires
Page 1 of 1