Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

Suggestion: Stormwind Council

Go down 
+2
Nerinil
Pilus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Character sheet

Suggestion: Stormwind Council Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion: Stormwind Council   Suggestion: Stormwind Council Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2008, 23:40

For a long time I, and others, have had the idea of establishing a Stormwind Council. Now I have finaly been able to rewrite the concept and post it. I would like to hear your opinions on this. The council are the supprior of the militia, so it will involve us.

Stormwind Council.
The idea builds in basic on making the Stormwind Council out of roleplayers. The council, as I picture it, is aiding the king with advise and in that way leading the kingdom a bit as a modern government. The reason why I would like to create the council is to have someone in charge of the city IC as a higher authority, but also to create some politic and bureaucratic roleplaying. My idea is that they are a group of people who meet now and then IC. Not a guild, just tied together by an ooc channel or such.

Election of the council
There should be an election to choose who should be on the 9 in the council. (that number can be discussed). Each roleplaying guild on the alliance side who is interested in being part of it should have a few candidates. Then people will be able to vote on the guilds. The amount of spots in the council that one guild will get is determined out from the % of the votes they get. People can vote by sending a letter to a special character. In that way people can vote with each character they got, if they want to. This could give a opportunity for the guilds to make an election campaign and other kinds of RP like that. As I picture it, then the militia should not be able to sign up on this, since they are part of the Stormwind army and the council is their superiors. Also I think that guilds that is classified as criminal organization cannot sign up either, (scourge, unholy crusade, elwynn bandits etc.).

Tasks and posts in the council
The council will have some tasks both IC and OOC. Some of the more daily tasks will be carried out by single people in the council, but if needed, then the council can be gathered to discuss large things, such as laws, war actions etc.

When the council have been formed, the council shall select a council leader. Each councilor can point at their candidate as leader. A councilor can point at himself as leader. To be elected council leader (called high councilor), he must have the majority and at least 4 of the votes. The high councilor then have the task to give out a few different governmental posts (equally ministers in modern government). Each of these posts includes power and responsibility (and of cause a higher IC salary). A candidate for high councilor might try to get others votes by promising them certain posts if he gets elected.

The posts is the following:

High Councilor:
Have the task to lead the council and gather for meetings and discussions. This task is both IC and OOC.

City Architect:
The city architect administares the lands and proberty of the kingdom. It is his task to sell the different houses and write the deeds for those. Currently I have used a system where I give out deeds for one month to those who owns a property. This task is both IC and OOC.

Councilor of defense:
This councilor will be responsible for the defense of the kingdom. He will be able to give orders to the army (including the militia) and use such in the defense of the kingdom. The councilor cannot order the army in offensive without the agreement of the council.

Councilor of Justice:
This councilor shall take lead in forming of the Stormwind law. He creates the law, but they shall be passed trough the council. He also have the cooperation with the Stormwind Court. This task is IC and OOC.

Councilor of tax:
The tax related things is currently not a large task. I could imagine that such tax administration could work by people paying IC with emotes or maybe small symbolic donations or whatever they like. The point of this is to give a realistic feeling of a system. This task will be IC and the person can expect to be involved in much conflict RP.

Councilor of religion:
The councilor of religion will have a political task in getting the many new religions to work together. His task is also to make sure that the government is working along the will of the church. It is his decision to create missionary elements in the kingdom and the likes.

Councilor of integration:
With the many races gathered in the kingdom, then it is relevant with some integration programs etc. The task of the integration councilor will be to arrange better integration and decide the conditions for the foreign races. The post will mainly be IC.

Councilor of trade and resources:
The task will involve administration and licensing of tradesmen and the likes in the kingdom. It will also be to control the available resources in times of war. E.g. the councilor of trade and resources could arrange a war effort.

The rest of the council will not have any special posts. Their job will be mostly IC and will be to give their political opinion in the discussions etc.

The power of the council lies, as seen, mainly IC. I can already now say that even though the council is superior to the Stormwind Militia, then the militia will not be open to other races. However, it might happen that the council decides to establish another division of the army for foreign races.

This is all suggestions so far and each and every point of it is up for discussion. I would like some feedback on this concept.

An IC reason for all this could be that after the discovered corruption from Lady Onyxia, the nobles want to remove the corruption rumors from the government and by that call out a public election.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Nerinil

Nerinil

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Stormwind Council   Suggestion: Stormwind Council Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2008, 01:55

I think it is a nice idea.
Back to top Go down
Arod Gryphon

Arod Gryphon

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Stormwind Council   Suggestion: Stormwind Council Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2008, 11:48

I like the concept. Definitely.. However, how will the Role-play community react to such authority? Will they ignore this? The people already have trouble with the meagre authority of the Militia – let alone the Stormwind Council.

I’m behind this initiative, but doubt its possible success.
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Stormwind Council   Suggestion: Stormwind Council Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2008, 20:17

Arod Gryphon wrote:
I like the concept. Definitely.. However, how will the Role-play community react to such authority? Will they ignore this? The people already have trouble with the meagre authority of the Militia – let alone the Stormwind Council.

I’m behind this initiative, but doubt its possible success.

The reason why many reacts hostile towards the militia, is not that they are against us OOC. They just want to RP with us and doing so as enemies. There will no doubt be people fighting agianst the council. Ofcause we try to lower the amount by having a election.

You say you doubt its success. However, the question is what is the success for the council? If it is to create roleplaying, then I am sure it will succed. I think we will get roleplaying where some is supporting the government and some is hating it. This might aswell also give options for some robin hood alike plots, where people fight against the (in their eyes) unfair government.
Back to top Go down
Kathaly

Kathaly

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Stormwind Council   Suggestion: Stormwind Council Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2008, 23:06

It sound good. Large scale of RP possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Alais

Alais

Number of posts : 37

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Stormwind Council   Suggestion: Stormwind Council Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2008, 20:26

I like the idea, and feel very envious that Alais can't become a governor, as politics is just up his road being the educated left-wing scholar he is.
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Stormwind Council   Suggestion: Stormwind Council Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20 2008, 02:16

As an update, I have now decided the time frame for this project. I plan to make this project official just after easter and then the election will be around two weeks later.
Back to top Go down
Kathaly

Kathaly

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Stormwind Council   Suggestion: Stormwind Council Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20 2008, 11:50

Pilus did you asked the other big RP guilds about this plan of yours Question
It's a grate idea but it involves nearly the whole servers RP.

Last edited by Kathaly on Wed Feb 20 2008, 11:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Stormwind Council   Suggestion: Stormwind Council Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20 2008, 22:08

So far I have talked with 5 other guilds about it.
Back to top Go down
Sharox
Officer
Sharox

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2007-01-05

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Stormwind Council   Suggestion: Stormwind Council Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 17:54

Will a separate guild be formed specifically for the Council, or will the councilors just keep in touch Via /w?
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Stormwind Council   Suggestion: Stormwind Council Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 18:08

No, since many are votes into this from other guilds, then it is not a guild. People keep contact over whisper and a channel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Stormwind Council   Suggestion: Stormwind Council Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Stormwind Council
Page 1 of 1