Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

Suggestion: Boot camp

Go down 
+2
The Demoman
Pilus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Character sheet

Suggestion: Boot camp Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion: Boot camp   Suggestion: Boot camp Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2008, 13:50

For the beginning of the 5th era, I suggest that we make a large recruitment event chain. The idea is to have a few days of mass recruitment and a week of training. The recruits in this will not directly be involved with the militia at first. They will be 'fresh meat' arriving to this training. I suggest having a training session each day at 20:00 for one week. There is many topics to train new recruits in, so I think it would be possible to make that many.

The mass recruitment will be recruiting of all interested human and include a standard interview (and not any applications to send etc). This is to give an effective flow of new recruits. The limit of quality might be discussed, but this week of training can sort people out.

A suggestion for the program.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday: Mass recruitment are preformed. The recruits who have joined can be given some minor tasks in small groups.Typically pve kill or gathering tasks. Eventually gathering of materials for a training suit (see exercise training event).

Sunday 20:00 - Introduction.
The new recruits will be welcomed to the militia by the officers. They are introduced to the garrison and its functions. There can be a social 'game' to get to know each other. They will also be introduced to the different platoons.

Monday 20:00 - Militia meeting.
The recruits will be attending a normal militia meeting. This will give them an idea of how the militia is.

Tuesday 20:00 - Exercise training.
The recruits will be trained in movement and speed. Some of the tasks can be running trough a route, swimming, mountain climbing. Eventually a training suit (blue pants and shirts) can be given by the quartermaster.

Wednesday 20:00 - Diplomacy and allies.
Training in diplomatic behavior. The recruits shall learn to solve a problem diplomatically. Also they shall not let them self provoked. A activity could be to insult each other in pairs, where the other one shall only answer politely
back and not be provoked. The militia shall also be introduced to the United Alliance and be taught to respect their officers. The recruits are also instructed in the code of conduct towards horde members. Eventually with an activity in emotional communication (only using / emotes).

Thursday 20:00 - Survival.
The recruit shall travel from the garrison to Dun Morogh. Here they shall engage survival training. That involves fighting beast and finding food in harsh areas. Activity could be to fish and hunt. This could be made as a stationing in a foreign land. (Inspired by a Russian Siberian military camp).

Friday 20:00 - Team Combat.
The recruits shall be instructed about working in teams. They shall then engage a large scale team combat. That could be to have one team defending a position and another team attacking. The combat can be with duels, where people lie down
when they have lost a duel and they can be resurrected by paladins / priests who are not dueling. If there is not enough recruits to make two teams (less than 8 recruits) then the infantry can aid as one team, or as mixed.

Saturday 20:00 - Formations.
Every militia must know how to form formations quick. That includes forming lines, rows and rows in platoons. It could also include some basic marching. This could be made more interesting by giving a few of the recruits the task to
command the rest for a short time.

Sunday 20:00 - Emote combat.
The recruits shall be taught about emote combat and about how to avoid god emotes. They shall afterwards be fighting in pairs. Remember to point out that fairness in emote combat is essential. The militia are also instructed in how to
arrest criminals.

Monday 20:00 - Militia meeting.
The recruits will attend a normal militia meeting. Those of the recruits who have completed the training will be promoted and placed into the platoons.

My idea is that these training sessions can be held by the Arod, Unhurius, myself and the recruiters. The survival training in Dun Morogh can be made by some dwarves along with the militia officers. These dwarves could be anyone who is willing to try leading such. At each training it shall be noted down who where present and who of them have done well enough. This will be needed to judge who are ready for promotions.

It might be an idea to have a large promotion of this event in the week before it stats. I could imagine posts on the realm and RP forum. Eventually report it to the community event page.

I hope this will give us a group of new players who can strengthen the militia in the 5th era. I will gladly hear suggestions and comments to this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
The Demoman

The Demoman

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Boot camp   Suggestion: Boot camp Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23 2008, 02:38

I've got to say: thats a real cool Idea, I've got a dwarven hunter (huntard><)
Could be nice to use him sometimes.
A good Idea so that we won't get any troublemakers in the Militia
Back to top Go down
Nerinil

Nerinil

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Boot camp   Suggestion: Boot camp Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23 2008, 20:00

I like the idea as well!
Back to top Go down
Nardon

Nardon

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Boot camp   Suggestion: Boot camp Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2008, 00:24

I also thinks its a good idea! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xacsermat

Xacsermat

Number of posts : 208
Localisation : Cold wet damp then turns to warm and sunny(guessed it?) its england!
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Boot camp   Suggestion: Boot camp Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2008, 11:54

This has to be the most arwsomest idea i have ever heard...
SWEET!!!!! Cool OOO idea when their combat training comes around we could use training swords then we can have back smiths to equip the low level recruits with standered issue swords maces and armour for their first patroll or something?
Back to top Go down
Kathaly

Kathaly

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Boot camp   Suggestion: Boot camp Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2008, 17:34

Good idea.
Thx god I'm already in the guild. My family (especially my sister) would kill me if i claim the the comp after 20:00 for a whole week...
Back to top Go down
Xacsermat

Xacsermat

Number of posts : 208
Localisation : Cold wet damp then turns to warm and sunny(guessed it?) its england!
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Boot camp   Suggestion: Boot camp Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27 2008, 14:33

Well when serviveal comes up... we could set scenarios for the recruits in the wilderness or something like Objectives that they have to complete. Another idea is th RV points (Rondé Vus) this is from the SAS tactic we could use this so that the recruits go to cirtian points on their trip to Dun Morgh.... I think thats a good idea...
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Boot camp   Suggestion: Boot camp Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26 2008, 14:43

!!!!!! Lookie here!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Boot camp   Suggestion: Boot camp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Boot camp
Page 1 of 1