Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

Prison System

Go down 
+3
Pilus
Nerinil
Sharox
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sharox
Officer
Sharox

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2007-01-05

Character sheet

Prison System Empty
PostSubject: Prison System   Prison System Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2008, 19:30

In the past the Militia have always arrested and attempted to throw them in the Stockades, we all know this doesn't work because the criminal just escapes before getting thrown in. So i've thought about it and i've though of a system that will maybe solve this problem.

When the Criminal is arrested, the criminal and the Militia both would roll, if the Criminal wins the roll he has a chance to escape, if the Militia win the roll he doesn't and is taken to the stockades.
When he is put into the stockades he stays there for 3 days IC. He can leave but he cannot RP and must just go and quest for 3 days. On the fourth day a Militia would come to check on the prisoners. When he comes to the cell of the Criminal they both roll, if the Criminal wins the roll he has a chance to escape. If the Militia wins the roll he fails to escape and must wait another 3 days.
After another 3 days the same thing will happen again and the Criminal has another chance to escape. If he fails he must wait, and so on until he finally wins the roll and escapes.
If he wins the roll and escapes, the Militia can attempt to find him and arrest him again, and if this happens he goes back to prison and starts all over again until one day he gets away.

This may not work, especially on "Not very good RPers" (Nubs Razz ) but it will for the serious criminal RPers and will make going to prison smoother for us and them.
Back to top Go down
Nerinil

Nerinil

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-04-10

Prison System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prison System   Prison System Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2008, 21:39

Well.. imo if the criminal is a serious one.. then the person would accept one's fate anyway. So... you can think further this then and know what i meant.
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Character sheet

Prison System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prison System   Prison System Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 01:46

I believe we have tried things a bit like this, but sadly it never worked. Also, there is quite many of them who play fair and stays down there for long. However, we tend to forget about them. You know, only the squicking weel gets its oil.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Character sheet

Prison System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prison System   Prison System Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 14:01

Still, the post made me think a bit. Maybe it could be an idea to let a future platoon be prison guards, in that way give the prisoners a reason to stay there. Maybe we could get the council to gather a group to guard the stockades.

Also, I will move this thread to suggestion forum, so we can continue there.
Back to top Go down
Alais

Alais

Number of posts : 37

Character sheet

Prison System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prison System   Prison System Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 16:14

Well, now that the council is coming along, we should have a steadfast set of rules to arrest people with. And they can set up a group of people to keep people in prison.
Back to top Go down
Nerinil

Nerinil

Prison System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prison System   Prison System Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 17:50

What is the main reason ppl don't like to stay in prison.. is that they have nothing to do. Yeah they are allowed to move out OOC and do PvP or PvE, but some do those rarely and on their lvl 70 just wanna maybe RP.

Also making ppl to stand guard for hours... well...

Even if they ( the guard and prisoner ) have something to chat about.. it is usually takes like 10-15 mins then the big silence.

Now this is not a big solution.. but as an idea:
How about ( as it was with Zalon and me ) letting out the prisoners once in a day example to.. um have a walk ( right this is not a hotel or something but.. ) or rather really make them do something for the community ( farm work, wood chopping, fishing, mine work or just clearing places from "evil" mobs, sweeping SW's streets ( XD ) or something like these )
And ofc while out they wouldn't wear their "uber" armour and weapons (which most of the time as i have experianced they can keep during the time they are in Stock) but rather they could have a prison outfit... hmm..

Anyway this would still give RP for the prisoners and the guards as well.

p.s: Sorry for the spelling and typing mistakes but atm i don't have time to check it.. need to run to school XD
Back to top Go down
Alais

Alais

Number of posts : 37

Character sheet

Prison System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prison System   Prison System Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 18:08

Pretty good idea... Good thinking Nerinil!
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Character sheet

Prison System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prison System   Prison System Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 18:11

That is acually a really good idea nerinil. It really includes a lot of posibilities.
Back to top Go down
Unhuriuss
Officer
Unhuriuss

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-01-06

Character sheet

Prison System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prison System   Prison System Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 20:08

a prison uniform what about blue overalls ?
(Blue overalls and Koblold Shovel FTW! ) cat cat cat

*Edit*
and yeah great idea Neri, really!
Back to top Go down
Zalon

Zalon

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-10-03

Character sheet

Prison System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prison System   Prison System Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2008, 03:56

The sceary thing in that, Is That it did happen, I were in a blue overall and had my black hood on and had to do alot of work, it was fun...but...but..my honor...*cries*
Back to top Go down
Nerinil

Nerinil

Prison System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prison System   Prison System Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2008, 16:56

But you were so cute in it! XD

Anyway.. a bit it is sad that afterall nothing changed and such things weren't used in the end :/
Back to top Go down
Erio

Erio

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2007-01-07

Prison System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prison System   Prison System Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30 2008, 00:56

you're a councillor.. go change it? xD
Back to top Go down
http://feronius.deviantart.com
Nerinil

Nerinil

Prison System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prison System   Prison System Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30 2008, 01:13

True.. since i am. Hmm... gonna think about it.
Back to top Go down
Erio

Erio

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2007-01-07

Prison System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prison System   Prison System Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2008, 14:53

Back to top Go down
http://feronius.deviantart.com
Nerinil

Nerinil

Prison System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prison System   Prison System Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2008, 16:59

<3 Erio, niice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prison System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prison System   Prison System Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prison System
Page 1 of 1