Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D

Go down 
+10
Dascombe
Pilus
The Demoman
Sigudik
Sharox
Xacsermat
Gardis
Erio
Unhuriuss
Cantor
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

I think swm should let warrior officers where this intead of imperial becuase it would give them more respect and people would see them more as officrs and not footmen.
Agree
Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D I_vote_lcap82%Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D I_vote_rcap
 82% [ 14 ]
Disagree
Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D I_vote_lcap18%Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Cantor

Cantor

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-01-05

Character sheet

Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Empty
PostSubject: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21 2008, 20:11

Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Warrio16

Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Warrio13

Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Warrio14

Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Warrio15

My Reason for this is simple, Officers should last longer on the battlefield for one, They should be noticed as officers and not as footmen, Which has happend to me ALOT. It would also, in a way, give you more Respect becuase people would know that you're a high rank, not just by the armour but by the things you do.

But, I agree that the epic set is TOO Shiney, so i chose the blue set, which is more bluer and duller so it looks better. The Officers should stand out to the public, and it would make more people want to join the militia and do well if they see Stronger people in the militia itself.

In the long run, It would look far better than the officers looking exactly the same as the Recruits. I mean, Pilus has even got his cool helm, Also. I agree we should not look higher than pilus BUT if you look at the start of StormWind, 72elite General Marcus Jonathan does not look higher than the two tier set Majors next to him. But he IS a higher rank, so it would just be the same as NPCs in a way.

It would also look alot better when a officer is wearing that, while taking controll of his platoon, It would look like an actual Officer instead of a Footman taking command. (( Also, officer should be more experianced in RP style than his recruits. ))

Thank you for helping me =D 'vote for presedent canty' hehe
Back to top Go down
Unhuriuss
Officer
Unhuriuss

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-01-06

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22 2008, 00:49

Not evryones a warrior you know. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Cantor

Cantor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22 2008, 01:23

I know that, But. There is also a Paladin Dungeon set which is far more powerful which Pilus has promoted.

And looks Damn Awesome. :O
Back to top Go down
Erio

Erio

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22 2008, 12:27

I agree.. but PLEASE wear a blue cloak Razz
The red one doesnt fit and makes it ugly, you still gotta have some unity.
But the shoulders are a damn good idea (dont use the helmet, it sucks)
Back to top Go down
http://feronius.deviantart.com
Gardis

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22 2008, 12:36

Aye, I'd have to agree with Erio. It looks real nice, but a blue cloak I feel would make it look better for unity etc..
Back to top Go down
Cantor

Cantor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22 2008, 13:52

Okay, I'll deffinetly use the Blue cloack instead of the red one, I was a bit iffy with it myself >,> Thanks guys ^_^
Back to top Go down
Xacsermat

Xacsermat

Number of posts : 208
Localisation : Cold wet damp then turns to warm and sunny(guessed it?) its england!
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22 2008, 15:27

Old xac now has the warrior sholder's just working on the rest of it Very Happy but yha the blue cloack is very nice to go with it or u go with out still look's cool.
Back to top Go down
Sharox
Officer
Sharox

Number of posts : 266

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22 2008, 19:56

I agree that Officers SHOULD stand out from the rest of the Militia (Pilus especially), but i think we shouldn't stray to far from the original uniforms. I suggest you wear most of Imperial with just the shoulders from the PvP set (And the sword and shield if you wish). This can work for most classes e.g. Mage, get the abjurer's set perhaps ezxcept for the shoulders, then grind honor and get the PvP shoulders, then go grab the PvP staff aswell (Cos it looks Uber for Roleplay).
Back to top Go down
Sigudik

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22 2008, 20:23

I totally agree, officers NEED to stick out and also like Cantor mentioned last longer in battle. And aesthetically it fits to lead the Militia, Pilus should wear the epic armor in that case. And if I wasn't in guild i didn't understand who are the officers and who are the footmen, i mean recruits stick out because they have no tabard. But still you can't know who are the officers when you aren't told and that's kinda awkward imo. And it is really good that the officer uniforms look much different because it wouldn't be sticking out in that case.
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22 2008, 22:19

So you're saying that I'll need to go and grind PeevuPee to get those golden pauldrons? Hmm... I'll try ^_^
Back to top Go down
Cantor

Cantor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2008, 00:01

I love the fact you're all being so Helpfull though =D But I just want the Miliita ofcciers to be beterin the long run. If you get my drifT? Adn irtian, I'll help yu do AB, you need like 80 sigs XD hehe, I'll help ya' though =D <3 you all.

=) lol!
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2008, 00:45

I can clearly tell that the view on this set have changed. I where a bit sceptical about this, because 1½ year ago this set suddently became very common, which lead to it being quite wrong for the militia to be in. Well, since this have changed it will give in and allow this to be a new uniform for the warrior officers.

Regarding other classes, like paladins, then the pvp paladin set will not be allowed, since it is too far from the militia look. If the paladin officers is interested in a special uniform, then I will make the truthbearer set their uniform (see picture).

Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Truth
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
The Demoman

The Demoman

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2008, 01:32

Kewl tongue
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2008, 01:49

I wondered what you ment Pilus xD
I must say that does look bloody awsome and would love to get ahold of the 'set'
I heard its good good stats too
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin
Pilus

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2008, 01:57

Dascombè wrote:
I wondered what you ment Pilus xD
Let just say that we at some point had quite a few people who though they where generals etc. because they had that armor. It was quite disturbing sometimes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Dascombe

Dascombe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2008, 11:11

Pilus wrote:

Let just say that we at some point had quite a few people who though they where generals etc. because they had that armor. It was quite disturbing sometimes.
haha seriously?
Well, I can see their point...it does look a bit high-ranking but at the same time its perfect for the paladin officers since it EXACTLY the same look as the tier 0 dungeon set (Lightforge) which personally I find gob-smacking awsome and would love to keep it and this armour allows me to do so.
Not to mention its still got some sexy stats even for outland blues...combines with the fact its got some gem slots this would definately give the officer in question the 'more experienced' survivability that has been mentioned...
Sure Lightforge and the pvp blue set have better stats than imperial but at the same time they are still not as good as what we're facing in PVP of heck, even duels with cultists.
I am starting to think that this pvp officers set should be available to those who want it (warriors I mean) but I really think for a more 'unified' core of officers that the paladins should all be wearing this truthbearer stuff and that the warriors should wear bold...It would definately send the stats up and I won't have to worry about the rogues/warlocks (damn to catalyst) trying their best to 1-shot me whilst i'm in a level 47-53 green plate set.

./rant over lol!
Back to top Go down
Arod Gryphon

Arod Gryphon

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2008, 14:14

Hmm,
In case my vote still counts.. I vote against. I also vote against the different uniforms Pilus suggested earlier, if I may.. (especially the poncy paladin outfit, if at all do the rightiousness-set)

If we want to do this, it should be minimal. On the field you do not want to be recognised as an officer as they are the first target for any opponent. So, as in every army, the rank should be only visible up close.. now, transforming this to WoW would be hard.

If we’re going to have a point of recognision within the ranks, it should be something not that obvious – Like a cape, or perhaps the shoulders (but that’s already over doing it, in my opinion). Yes, upon high levels the Imperial-set sucks – especially if we’re able to get level 80 soon. But, we we’re going to have different uniforms, we destroy what binds us all together as a group: An outstanding army that is recognised not only by a mere tabard. Unity, people. Look at the dwarves of Khazrand. They have nothing that looks alike, just a wee tabard. We are cooler! Seriously, nothing looks more awesome than a couple of characters in uniform doing some fighting as a group. Imagen Warcraft3 being played where all footmen wore different amrour: A demon-shoulder, lighting bolts, green-leaves, ect.. *Shivers*

Well, that’s my two cents anyways – but I didn’t vote as I’m not active within the Militia at the moment. I’ll be back though – that’s a given.
Back to top Go down
Erio

Erio

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2008, 16:03

I'd say stick to the original Imperial, Abjurers, defenders and glyphed stuff.. BUT..
Have the officers mainly be different by helmet and shoulders ^^

That's about what you ment isn't it arod?
The PvPish warrior shoulders or the gladiator helmet pilus has..
Back to top Go down
Unhuriuss
Officer
Unhuriuss

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-01-06

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2008, 18:26

What paladin's cant have it then hell no stick to the old set ! Shocked
Now don't be shy to Vote against... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Erio

Erio

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2008, 20:21

paladins got a PvPset to ya know?
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2008, 20:25

The paladin pvp set is daft tho...
If it were'nt for the fact I exaggerate like hell i would say that the horde could see you from Outland wearing it...
Its not the most subtle armour imo, its something you would use when your in the spotlight so you can blind everyone with it.
The truthbearer's 'set' looks awsome imo, its got the right colours, the right graphic (Lightforge) and its paladin based stats, mostly retri tho but nothing a few gems and enchants never fixed
Back to top Go down
Cantor

Cantor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2008, 21:31

I agree with Dascombe :O
Back to top Go down
Arod Gryphon

Arod Gryphon

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2008, 21:36

Why is this discussion going, btw?
What's wrong with the Imperial, besides the stats..
Back to top Go down
Cantor

Cantor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2008, 21:37

Becuase I really feel that the Officers need to stand ou in the militia Surprised I stated my points Neutral
Back to top Go down
Nardon

Nardon

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2008, 11:10

well, I think that it may help to get differrent armour when you get higher rank, ( so maybe an armour set for initiate, foorman and officers) this way we wear almost the same and people can see who is higher ranked Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D   Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Offciers and unfiroms Poll look inside for Screen Shots =D
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stormwind Militia :: OOC :: Ideas and suggestions-
Jump to: