Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

"Frontlines"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Demoman

The Demoman

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Character sheet

"Frontlines" Empty
PostSubject: "Frontlines"   "Frontlines" Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03 2008, 02:46

((KEke, I'm a newb story writer... so, bare with me pale ))

The man in his crushing tentacle gasped for air like a fish on dry land, he looked around on the battlefield then back on the unlucky man that seemed to be praying low for himself.
-“Weak…”said the one with the grip around the man’s torso.
He then threw the soldier away and swung his morning star towards a Draenei woman.

Iritian twitched as he opened his eyes… sweaty he laid on the top bunker of the Garrison’s many beds, he blinked and examined the room where he was in and let out sigh
-“One more of those blasted “dreams””. He mumbled lowly for himself as he sat straight in the bed, the others were sleeping tightly, even the Commander could sleep without anything bothering him, he thought to himself.
-“Infernal beds” he cursed once again low as he nearly fell to his knees when he tried to get down.
Rubbing his eyes tiredly when he searched after his pocket watch that laid on top the drawers.
-“four o’clock… better get packed then.” He said right before he started to scavenge through the drawers and picked up things, he stopped and read the letter again that he received for a couple of days ago.
He shoved the letter down the almost filled bag and closed it.
-“There… hope there is some food left after the night patrols awakening”
Just wearing his pants and belt he went out to the dining hall to notice that there were luckily some food left, cold though but he didn’t mind.
-“Nice, roasted quill”
He sat there and ate, not knowing a shade nearing him silently.
Fidgeting with a knife as usual he grabbed after an apple.
-“Oy! What are you doing up this early?” Said the shadow
He dropped the apple and the knife as he twitched violently and turned around fast
-“Titan’s damnit… Gotrick why do you sneak up on me like that?” Iritian said while he was panting
-“He he, eating are ya?”
-“Obviously yes, but why are you awake now? You haven’t got morning duty, now have you?”
-“Well, you aren’t the stealthiest person I know, that’s for sure” he grinned as he stated
-“Excuse me if I woke you up then, come join me” Iritian offered an apple to Gotrick, he took it smiling and sat down next to Iritian that munched on a chicken leg.
-“Is it still warm or?” Said Gotrick and motioned towards the delights that looked delicious.
Iritian responded with a nod and finished his meal.
-“Going to miss me?” Iritian said with a sly smirk
-“Not really” Chuckled Gotrick
Iritian laughed a bit and stroked his hair back.
-“I’ll just get my uniform” Iritian smiled at Gotrick as he stood up
-“mhm” he mumbled when crammed his mouth full of potatoes.
Iritian shook his head still smiling and walked to the sleeping quarters.

The salt water splashed up on the ship’s deck, seagulls were soaring behind it.
-“Ain’t it beautiful… so wild, no one can tame it… taken peoples lives… and yet so many men falls in love with it”
The old handsome gentleman polished his monocle and looked at the older man that sat on a crate.
-“I’d say, it is quite a sight” The gentlemen responded
Iritian observed the scene as he was leaning on a wooden wall, he then turned his head and looked out over the sunrise over the sea, it sure is a sight that is stunning.
-“Land in sight!” yelled someone from the ‘crow’s nest’ up over the deck.
Iritian shook his head, walked in to get his things and then returned to the boarding deck.

The clopping from the hooves as the wagon drove past on the stone pavement, Iritian followed the road that was said to take him to the mage’s tower, he was not alone about getting there, he saw some younger people heading the same way with bigger bags, some looked nervous as they nearly were running.
Some older men, they looked more experienced then the younger, they had just their weapons and armor.
Iritian glanced down on himself, the regular uniform, the Stormwind Tabard covered the cuirass and half the greaves.

At last he made it to the Tower, he gazed upon it but then a young lady ran past him and managed to hit his right pauldron in the run.
-“Sorry!” She yelled to him.
Iritian shrugged and continued in, a bright light struck him as he entered an had to shield his eyes, he peered through the fingers and saw a couple of large bubbles, the bubbles was like a vision to another places, he could clearly see people on the other side and in a whole different environment.
A tall strong man stood near the portals with a clipboard and papers in his hands.
-“Name?” he said
-“Duningham, Terry” An older man responded that stood first in the line.
-“Right in here” The officer said and pointed at one of the portals. ”Next!” He yelled.
The line moved forward a bit.
-“Name?”
-“Markous Hellsinger” said a young man, he shivered a bit.
-“Recruit eh? Let’s see… Ah, in there” the Officer now pointed at one to the right of him.
The line shrunk as more and more people went through the portals… but he could notice that just a few got to go through the portal that was far back.
-“Name?”
-“Grelik, Iritian”
-“…Iritian, you’re from the Westbrook Garrison, right?”
-“Correct”
-“A‘right, you’re going through the one that is back” same as usual he pointed at the right portal. ”Oh and another thing, you’d better keep an eye back when you’re there” The officer whispered to Iritian before he gently shoved him into the portal.

He fell a bit but managed to stay on his feet, he landed on a dry sand ground, dust came as he landed.
He was now in a place that looked like Tanaris, but he knew that this wasn’t Tanaris, the sky wasn’t like here, you could clearly see Planets and Suns.
He looked around, Tents, supplies, more tents, barricades, injured soldiers, even more tents, Soldiers, dead soldiers, palisades and some bigger tents.
Iritian started the walk a bit, saw camp fires and footmen that sat by them and talked, a couple of people stood in a poorly built stable taking care of their horses.
Something caught his attention, a man, a very tanned man, blond buzz cut with sideburns and a beard, he looked to be around 40 years, strong, minor scars in the face and dirt.
The man saw Iritian.
-“Oy! You! Come here! Join me!”
Iritian looked around then pointed at me and formed the words “me?” with his mouth, the man nodded.
Confused Iritian walked to the man.
-“Take a seat, lad” Iritian did what he just been told to do.
-“You look young but still you have that uniform, tell me lad, what rank were you before you came here?”
-“Sergeant, my good sir”
-“You don’t say…but anyway, Welcome to the “Frontlines”!” the man took out his hand to shake Iritian’s hand.
-“How did you know I just came here?” He shook the man’s hand, the man pointed at his bags, Iritian blushed a bit.
-“As you’re new here, I could share a story with you, about this place, alright?”
-“…Sure”

[This the man’s story]
Usual day, always waiting for them to give orders… but this day wouldn’t be that usual, ‘cause you see, our scouts had spotted a huge mass of those demons moving towards this camp, the orders were following “Get your armor on and get your ass into the columns” So as I ordered we marched out to war, but this camp isn’t like the others, no no, we are a bit “Special” we’ve got, you’ll notice it, were was I?
Oh right, so we marched out, footman in front, spell casters and riflemen at the back with the war machines, and the horse men were with us in the front.
Stopped, and this place showed that there’s been battles before, the Demons showed up as told and they weren’t cute, that I’ll tell ya.
Our Lieutenant stood with the war machines and gave orders.
You know at battlefields there is always this “Silence before the Storm” Right?
Well, this wasn’t “Silent” the Demons roared, yelled and slammed with their weapons.
I could see some trenches a couple of meters forward and there was a rusty war beaten steamtonk just near.
I thought “Maybe I can take cover there and shot those bastards then slice them…” I passed this advice around a bit.
As the Lieutenant shouted “Charge!” I and a couple of lads ran down and began to shoot, man you should have seen it, the demons were a lot more then expected, whew, they just ran towards us.
I took aim, shot and hit one, it fell to the ground then a large ballistic landed right before them and took a lot of them with it, it started to rain a bit, but then I saw that it was Ice shards in front of me that crushed the demons to the ground, boy, it was amazing, but those were just the cannon food, these demons were weak, on the hill we could see large armored demons, these were armed with weapons that looked more well crafted then the others.
We began to fire at them, but most of the bullets just bounced of, The ground thundered as they charged, They were HUGE!
But, every man…thing has it’s weak point, their armor is weaker on the sides of their breastplate, and the back of their helms.
Our Lieutenant took his large hammer, charged towards them and I warn you, never fight against our Lieutenant, you’ll be smashed to the ground and dead before you know it.
Anyway, we saw him charge the beasts that were slaying our comrades… He leaped into the air and on to one of them and smashed it in the head from the behind, we decided to charge as well, A large green beam flew over our heads and hit one of the war machines, it was from one of their “Cannons” that had managed to destroy it.
We continued with fighting the beasts, one by one they fell, but the casualties were great.
Suddenly we could hear an explosion from the other side of the battlefield, one of our Steamtonks had managed to hit one of their cannons, up in the sky you could see War Gryphon’s fly and bomb the shit out of the demons.
We returned back home, to the camp that is, happy for the victory but grieved for our fallen comrades.
There is more then what I told you but, I’m too lazy to tell you ALL the details.

-“What’s your name by the way?” The man asked.
-“Iritian Grelik” Iritian responded.
-“You can call me Urek for now, but you’ll know my real name later.”

((More is comming.. just got to... finish.. There we go))
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Character sheet

"Frontlines" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Frontlines"   "Frontlines" Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10 2008, 01:57

((Second one, I was in a hurry so...))

Two children… Two little children sat on a Wooden floor in what seemed to be a shack, no exquisite furniture, just some chairs, two beds, a table, a fireplace, baskets, cabinets and more… but, a small doll, roughly made, accompanied the children.
It was a boy and a girl, the boy seemed to be looking older then the girl, yet they mustn’t have been over five, the little girl leaned over to pick up the doll as she smiled, they both smiled, the boy took the doll and was about to give it to the girl.

-“Wake up sunshine!” Said a man, this voice belonged to “Urek” who was standing in the middle of the tent, Urek gave Iritian a big grin as he saw that Iritian crawled up from the floor that he’s been sleeping on with a linen rug that was supposed to be a bed.
As they left their tent they saw men and women running around grabbing armour and weapons.
-“What is going on? Are there some more demons coming?” Iritian asked as he observed the stressing people.
-“Seems so, get your uniform ready and put it on, we’re heading out to Battle” Answered Urek with an even bigger grin.
Iritian shrugged and went back in to fetch his things, after a couple of minutes he came back out, a big Steam Machine drove past with a tremendous roar.
-“Those machines are not to toy with” Iritian said obviously stunned by the mass destruction machine.
Urek responded with a nod, he had himself already his armour, it was “special” as he would say, so was his weapon and rifle.
Iritian himself fancied his regular uniform with the sword and shield he’s been given by the Westbrook Garrisons blacksmith, and of course with his bow.
-“Let’s get ourselves useful and follow that machine, it’ll most likely there we’re going.”
They both followed the tracks that the behemoth to a machine had made.
Finally they saw a large column and joined it, it seemed that only Iritian had a “normal” looking uniform, no one had matching armour, but they all had blue colour and the tabard.
A mix of hooves and plate could be heard behind, Iritian turned to see who it was.
He gazed upon a man in gray-golden armour that shined brightly, a blue ribbon lied on one of the pauldrons, the tabard of the lion covered most of the Cuirass, he couldn’t almost see the face of the one that was the owner of this extravagant uniform… this person sat on a horse that was covered in armour plates, defiantly must be a higher officer.
-“That’s the Lieutenant, We’d better salute” Urek whispered.
-“Good Morning Lieutenant!” Every soldier shouted.
-“At ease” He replied.
Everyone obeyed.
-“A smaller group of the Legion has been spotted south-west from here, we are to neutralize them at any cost, forward to victory!” he continued and started to march while mounted towards the destination.

After maybe twenty minutes of walking smoke could be seen on the other side of the sand dunes.
-“Isn’t it here were they have that minor outpost?” Could be heard in the column.
-“Hold!” Ordered the Lieutenant with a fist in the air signalling “stop”.
The smoke came from the outpost, alas is was only but burning timber, the signs from a battle could be seen all over the place.
Carcases, destroyed tents, a broken flagpole, the lookout tower was still burning it was all chaos.
-“First squad, secure the perimeter! Second, Third and Fourth squad follows me!” The Lieutenant ordered again.

Down at the havoc, there only a few survivors left, they told that the demons had attacked this outpost not many hours ago, it was a surprise attack.
The lieutenant called after a messenger to get these reports back to their outpost and for reinforcement to take care of the destroyed camp, they both saluted each other and the messenger rode away as fast as he could.
-“Are there any signs of where they went from here?” The Lieutenant asked.
-“Negative sir, we haven’t found any tracks of them sir.” One of the footmen answered.
-“Try to find any information on where they went after they slaughtered this camp… I want them terminated.” He said with despise.
The footmen saluted the Officer and carried out their orders.

Several minutes after they found tracks that looked relatively fresh.
More minutes went as they marched and some started to small talk to each other in the Column, even the Lieutenant seemed to be speaking with someone, but Iritian couldn’t see who it was, but he didn’t care, he and Urek already had conversation going.
Suddenly, the ground started to shake, red markings appeared around them, they started to glow brighter and brighter until the ground burst into flames and shooting 10 foot high pillar of red flame and as fast they came they disappeared but… there stood hideous demons in dark armour and cursed weapons.
-“It’s a trap! Fight for the glory of Stormwind!” Echoed the Lieutenants words.
The sound of steel against steel filled the battle with it came battle cries and death groans.
Iritian held up his shield against a dropping axe that was owned by a demon, Iritian then swung his blade against his foe hitting it and almost instantly killing it and sending it back to were it came from.
-“I got one!” Iritian yelled, but suddenly, he was thrown back and the air just flew out of him as he landed, he looked up dizzy and saw the demon that had kicked Iritian in the chest.
The Demon glared into Iritian’s eyes as it raised it’s sword in the air, but groaned and then fell down dropping the sword so it landed next to Iritian, someone had stabbed it in the back of it’s head.
-“Up and fight!” he heard someone say as a hand reached out to Iritian lifting him up, he was sure that this voice belonged to a woman.
-“I owe you one!” Iritian said back and started to fight again.
Iritian slammed with his shield on one of the Demons that tried to take him from the back and as finale he stabbed it, another one buried it’s mace into Iritian’s shield sending the shield away, Iritian glared up at the demon and took his sword and a fallen comrades axe in the other hand.
-“Fight brothers and sisters!” Another voice could be heard, as Iritian dodged a swing from his opponent and sliced it.
A large mass of light burst to the left of Iritian, he quickly looked at the Direction and saw bright white light cleansing the demons and leaving them to ashes, after the light a man in a white golden robe, hood that hid his eyes and a staff in his hand and a book in the other hovered over the ground.
Iritian was amazed by this one mans powers, but then came back to reality and began to fight again.
The battle was intense and one by one, they fell.
Finally the last demon was defeated…
-“…VICTORY!” The Lieutenant shouted and held his hammer in the air, everyone cheered.
-“Well done Brothers and Sisters! Gather those who are wounded and those who are dead… we’ll bring everyone back, alive or not, those are our orders.” The Lieutenant continued.
Everyone obeyed.

(( Yes it ends like that, but I'll come back, I'm going somewhere so, meanwhile, enjoy this Picture I made, I'm thinking on that it is about Iritian on the Third chapter or what ever, Enjoy! Sayonara!

"Frontlines" Bild051fc9

I'm a half newb on Drawing too. I went monkey rage on the Scanner in an attempt to make it work No
See ya! *waves*))
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Character sheet

"Frontlines" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Frontlines"   "Frontlines" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2008, 20:45

Iritian Grelik wrote:

"Frontlines" Bild051fc9

I'm a half newb on Drawing too. I went monkey rage on the Scanner in an attempt to make it work No
See ya! *waves*))

I beg to differ, the ornate detail on the knight's chest (who I presume is you rabbit ) looks fantastic and the pose is really well done!

*Stamps with the self-proclaimed seal of Dascombè's approval*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Frontlines" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Frontlines"   "Frontlines" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Frontlines"
Page 1 of 1