Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Albrthen

Albrthen

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Character sheet

possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia. Empty
PostSubject: possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia.   possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2008, 17:22

Now, I heard death knights weren't gonna be in the militia...disapointing for me, but I think that the reason wasn't exactly well founded "they are betrayers of the light" now, yes they are...but so are warlocks "they can't be trusted" was another thing i thought, but really... warlocks can't entirely be trusted either. so... I thought... and then i saw this post.
Quote :

Death Knights - from a guess I can assume that after lengthy testing to get in they will be more of an anti-undead team:
Militia walk through Goldshire as a unit with one Deathknight amongst them who harnesses his powers to be used against Cultists (or undead) and so using his powers for 'good'
As for the 'raising comrades' they should be taught that this is NOT what should be done but instead call for a paladin to come and revive them rather than bring a fallen Militiant back as a slavering ghoul.
They should also be indocrenated a pure hatred against undead, an almost zealot-like state that forces them to hate their undead advasaries rather than themselves (at this point they will hopefully have developes IC friendships with a few Militiants and therefore believe that there IS something worth fighting for despite being a walking bringer of doom)
This gave me an idea (thanks dascombe), How about we have two or three death knights from original members (yes only one char in guild per person i know this only need be temprary) and they play the part of death knight initiates, this then escalates to them being banned, for example. Pilus(or any other officer) gives them a chance and they go on patrol
they then muck this up by going with a (few) non-death knight and see corpses...they then get into a fight, and to the horror of the non-death knight(s) they raise the corpses as slavering ghouls to aid them in the battle. The ghouls go out of control and kill inocent civilians (for this perhaps having another death kngiht dueling and raising then the
ghoul attacks a "civilian"), and so the death knights are told they will never have a place in the guild, this instead of the "you can't be trusted" method, gives a clear reason. It is also IC, sure so is the other one, really it isn't... The militia should have no initial reason to disbelieve the death knight(s) that they were manipulated by the
lich king and have changed their ways. I also don't like the "you can't be trusted" theory because in all honesty, neither cna warlocks... even if they've slowly gained their place in society which is another way suggested by pilus(i don't like this one either, cause it's kind of..well unexplained). So to sum it up, I think we should initially let DK's
be in the militia(only a few who are willing to take part in the event), but instead of them remaining(hence the original guildie part) they get kicked within perhaps a few hours or maybe a few days of joining.

Thoughts please? constructive also... give reasons why its good/bad.
Back to top Go down
Erio

Erio

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia.   possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2008, 17:40

Sounds like a good RPevent, main difference with locks and DK's is tough..
Warlocks use the dark powers of shadow and all, maybe enslave demons.. but they ARE human (no demonform locks in the militia pls >.<)
Deathknights are undead, we do not allow undead in the militia Razz and using the powers of the death is a bit rather more frightening then what warlocks do.. blood rituals and stuff..

Not sure really, warlocks do use soul(shards) and so..
But commanding the dead is a step further I guess..
Back to top Go down
http://feronius.deviantart.com
Albrthen

Albrthen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia.   possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2008, 18:47

Erio wrote:
Sounds like a good RPevent, main difference with locks and DK's is tough..
Warlocks use the dark powers of shadow and all, maybe enslave demons.. but they ARE human (no demonform locks in the militia pls >.<)
Deathknights are undead, we do not allow undead in the militia Razz and using the powers of the death is a bit rather more frightening then what warlocks do.. blood rituals and stuff..

Not sure really, warlocks do use soul(shards) and so..
But commanding the dead is a step further I guess..
nicely put, I think thats a good thing, but if you think about it their not fully undead, their more sort of semi dead... cause they basically get so corrupt (referance to locks imo Razz) by a runesword usually... that they serve the lich king... Thats how i interprit it from WC3 anyways...

Edit: just read last part... lol... um...personally i think demons are worse... firstly, they're actually conscious that they're bringing evil into the world, the DK's do it because they were trained to be like that pe'aps a referance to desc's post...
Quote :

Death Knights - from a guess I can assume that after lengthy testing to get in they will be more of an anti-undead team:
Militia walk through Goldshire as a unit with one Deathknight amongst them who harnesses his powers to be used against Cultists (or undead) and so using his powers for 'good'
As for the 'raising comrades' they should be taught that this is NOT what should be done but instead call for a paladin to come and revive them rather than bring a fallen Militiant back as a slavering ghoul.
They should also be indocrenated a pure hatred against undead, an almost zealot-like state that forces them to hate their undead advasaries rather than themselves (at this point they will hopefully have developes IC friendships with a few Militiants and therefore believe that there IS something worth fighting for despite being a walking bringer of doom)
they could pe'aps go under training to not do it infront of civilians of the land?
or even at all I/Ccly...
Back to top Go down
Erio

Erio

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia.   possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2008, 20:26

Warlocks are not demons.. and Scourge are mindless, same for the ghouls the deathknights raise I guess.

And most deathknights got corrupted by letting themselves be killed and raised with "eternal life" to serve their "king"
Back to top Go down
http://feronius.deviantart.com
Albrthen

Albrthen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia.   possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2008, 21:56

Acctually, you've got a point there...
But what i acctually meant was warlocks know their a-bringin' evil into the world by bringing demons here... they also know(or any good RPing warlock shopuld know) that they in part give away a little piece of themselves (in wow this is only shown as mana, but in lore it is actually a part of themselves...) to gain further power. hence skills such as blood pact with an imp(which cost the demons turn of the game mechanics but still)... an absorption shield from a sacrificed voidwalker, ect ect...
Death knights are just a further development of this in my eyes. Yes they are like MEGA evil... but y' know like somebody else said, they may change... yea, whats the chance of that... and yea i made a mistake... Death knights are classed as scourge... I'm not entirely sure they are undead... but they are classed as scourge (not sure bout IG mechanics...for spells like exorsism ect...) I think you may be further to the truth about me. hehe. anyhow... perhaps we can try it, i dunno. tis up to certain people (Pilus...officers... ect...) so in the end... what happens..happens, but i think this would perhaps be a bit of a better explanation than the ones i got(no offence to any who gave me the reasons*cough* Pilus.)
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia.   possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2008, 23:16

Firstly, I find it quite ironic your saying this with what seems to be a DeathKnight avatar Razz

Secondly, Yes, I think that we should have a few if not one or two DeathKnights within the Militia but the reason for them joining can be done through a huge RP event:
Eg- DeathKnight (Ex-paladin hearing of the Militia) tries to cover his powers by donning some rather priestly robes (white) and attempts to join at a recruitment.
The recruiter is then accompanied by two seasoned (60+) Paladins from the Militia who (after being told OOCly) 'sense' the Knight under his robes and proceed to pull down his hood only to see his glowing blue eyes (which is what i've been told they all have) and then they will hold him at sword point and the Recruiter will demand an explination...
This is where (if answered correctly) The Knight explains his background and HOW he became a Death Knight and why he wishes to redeem himself to join the Militia (They will need a damn good excuse more so than OTHER RP backgrounds we normally get told and they will essentially need to ACE the interview)
After the interview they will be given a DIFFERENT application form and enlisted as a recruit but given even LESS status than one.
They will be forced to attend the meetings (more so than other recruits) otherwise they will be suspected of going A.W.O.L and likely raising undead.
Upon the training they will be treated like scum (Que Cantor) and degraded to a lower level, this will not be done due to hatred by the superiors but as a method of teaching them to subdue their hatred and harness it against others guilty of TRUE corruption.

As for their skills (That I know of so far) They will have to avoid the unholy like as much as possible since that is the most devestating and horrific of lines that they can follow (Disease and the degredation of corpses)
Spells such as 'Raise undead' will have caps on them...they cannot use it on the remains of the innocent or those deemed 'humane' (EG: Prisoners)
I've yet to get Officer's opinion on this but there may be exceptions (Such as cultist's remains) and so they will be able to use them however they must lay the ghoul to waste once its task is accomplished.

They will be taken on special campaigns (Since they start at 55) in the plaguelands led by a group of seasoned Militiants who have had experience with Death Knights (EG: Me or Arod but he does'nt want DK's in) and will take them through Scholomance and Stratholme to teach them some RP backgrounds as to HOW they can redeem their name and the Militiants accompanying them will keep an eye on their spells

As for their reputation in the Militia it should be hindered, giving reputation out at meetings should be given to them at a 50% cost and most importantly:
<>
This will encourage use of the GHR addon and make DeathKnights want to attend more meetings to avoid being shunned and outcasted by their fellow comrades...

Thats all I gotta say (/rant over)

Ta for backing me up on my crap Albrthen Wink
Back to top Go down
Albrthen

Albrthen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia.   possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2008, 17:22

Dascombè wrote:
Firstly, I find it quite ironic your saying this with what seems to be a DeathKnight avatar Razz

Ta for backing me up on my crap Albrthen Wink
Aye, i just put it up... I just like the avatar... it looks cool.
Also, np for backin you up... looks like a brilliant idea... I kind of changed it a bit... and tried to develop...but quintessentially, yes it's your idea with a bit of a swing on it to make it my thoughts. Cheers for the inspiration, makes people think it does Very Happy(my dk's gonna b an ex-pally, got a story i'm writin for him... want to see it when i'm done guys? also does this mean my dk can try to get in? Very Happy)
(PS: not bothered if my dk can't get in...would just like to try see if it works...if it does and i don't get 'found out' so to speak i may do a perma death on albrthen i.e. delete! Razz nah... but perma death might be an option...)
(PPS: any other comments? they been great up to now)
Back to top Go down
grimlocke

grimlocke

Number of posts : 21

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia.   possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2008, 15:57

Love The Idear Of The Death Knight Being A Real Underdog And Treated Like Scum Dascombe!

As For RP I Think It Would Be A Good Idear Too Have One Within Our Ranks As A Traitor, The Idear Of Someone Within Our Ranks Who Becomes A Hero Amongst Us, Then Falls From Grace And In The Process Becomes A Death Knight (ie Crating A Charecter, Making It One Of The Most Well Known Of Us, Deleting It And Making A Death knight In The Same Name)

The DeathKnight Could Then Try To Destroy Us All (Much Like Prince Arthas And The Silver Hand). Working His Way Through Our Ranks In A Series Of Battles, Leaving A Trail Of Injured and Dead Bodies Within The Garrison. This Could Conclude With A Final ShowDown Between Pilus And The Death Knight Resulting In Something Dramatic That Changes The Militia Forever....
Back to top Go down
grimlocke

grimlocke

Number of posts : 21

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia.   possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2008, 15:59

Okay Re Posted As I Realised That You Cant Read Purple LOL

Love The Idear Of The Death Knight Being A Real Underdog And Treated Like Scum Dascombe!

As For RP I Think It Would Be A Good Idear Too Have One Within Our Ranks As A Traitor, The Idear Of Someone Within Our Ranks Who Becomes A Hero Amongst Us, Then Falls From Grace And In The Process Becomes A Death Knight (ie Crating A Charecter, Making It One Of The Most Well Known Of Us, Deleting It And Making A Death knight In The Same Name)

The DeathKnight Could Then Try To Destroy Us All (Much Like Prince Arthas And The Silver Hand). Working His Way Through Our Ranks In A Series Of Battles, Leaving A Trail Of Injured and Dead Bodies Within The Garrison. This Could Conclude With A Final ShowDown Between Pilus And The Death Knight Resulting In Something Dramatic That Changes The Militia Forever....
Back to top Go down
Albrthen

Albrthen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia.   possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2008, 17:20

grimlocke wrote:
Okay Re Posted As I Realised That You Cant Read Purple LOL

WOW! your thinkin harder than I am xD. Nice idea... Pilus ifv your listening... please...at least try these things... give out a couple of scenario's...but please....don't have the reason as they can't be trusted... I really don't like the idea of that being the only reason. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia.   possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

possible reason for Death Knights not to be in militia.
Page 1 of 1