Stormwind Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Militia

Forum for Stormwind Militia, Scarshield Legion

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterThis is just a testLog in

Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?

Go down 
+11
Berag
Arod Gryphon
Picla
Unhuriuss
Dagren
The Demoman
Erio
Burlok
Kiech
Narcaz Ramirez
Pilus
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kathaly

Kathaly

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Character sheet

Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05 2008, 22:25

Yes. Corrupted like one of the Redpaths, or tricked like Arthas or just brought back from the grave. But all DK is on short leash, controlled through the cursed runed blades.
Let them join but handle them with caution.
Rogues: Would you trust someone who never plays fair?
Warlocks: Would you trust someone who offers souls to demons?
Paladin: Would you trust someone who easily blinded by zeal?
Mage: Would you trust someone who do everything for more magic powers?
Priest: Would you trust someone who manipulates the human mind?
Warrior: Would you trust someone who only cares about how hard he can swing a sword?
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05 2008, 22:43

Kathaly wrote:

Priest: Would you trust someone who manipulates the human mind?

You can trust us.. all of us, we are priests.. no need to distrust us.. we do not manipulate the mind.. we stimulate it.. listen to my words.. carefully.. you can trust us.. all of us, we are priests.. no need to distrust us.. we do not manipulate the mind.. we stimulate it.. listen to my words..
Back to top Go down
Nerinil

Nerinil

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2008, 00:05

Lawl
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2008, 03:59

Berag wrote:
I feel at this point, its a little to early to make a decision set in stone.

But as far as I am concerned, I can see Deathknights being in the Militia but only under special circumstances, deathknights won't simply be joining through having a nice sit down and chat with a recruiter.

The DK in question could have to achieve a certain rep, with the GHR addon, or attend several Militia events and earn their trust that he isn't some undead killing machine, and so on.

All the same, I can't imagine there being many deathknights in the Militia. Perhaps the same kind of population Warlocks have. One or two.

I think Berag here has just trained twenty peasants and struck a goldmine here.
The concept of having a deathknight in the Militia would be mind boggling but i can see it being possible...
They could be treated as a 'tool' in the Militia, the 'fight fire with fire' concept but as they stay in the Militia and put up with any possible prejudice it will show that they are willing to endure distrust and possibly even discrimination from other Militiants and show signs of emotion that they ARE still partly human.
as for the 'They gave themselves up willingly' that is not nessecarrily true.
If you enter Naxxramas and battle the four horsemen you will come across sir Zeleik who, dispite having no background, shows signs of mental resistance against the plague possible because he was captured by the scourge and tortured as a Deathknight.

Berag's idea of GHI rep would be excellent not only because it will get more people using it on mains and alts and ect as well as forcing officers to be using it more frequently but it will also show dedication that THIS lost paladin is not one who is to be taken lightly, he is determined to reach his goal and accomplish it!

Yes, we will get some asses who will want to join the Militia as a DK just out of a sheer laugh, I think that we should have special training sessions for certain classes.
(Going a bit off topic here
Rifleman - Firing range training against target dummies (or something)

Warriors - Defencive and offensive manuvers in combat (sword + shield / 2H)

Priests - use of holy magics and harnessing shadow powers for constructive purposes (if any)

Paladins - a combination of both the priest and warrior trainings

Warlocks - this will be hard since most warlocks spells are INTENDED to cause maximum harm, ICly they should be taught to regret their actions and think of the constructive side of the purpose of which they are using their spell (Putting a defias rogue through agoney to prevent further agoney caused to innocent farms folk) as well as convincing of further use of fire magics as opposed to fel / shadow magics and NO use of infernals or doomguards

Death Knights - from a guess I can assume that after lengthy testing to get in they will be more of an anti-undead team:
Militia walk through Goldshire as a unit with one Deathknight amongst them who harnesses his powers to be used against Cultists (or undead) and so using his powers for 'good'
As for the 'raising comrades' they should be taught that this is NOT what should be done but instead call for a paladin to come and revive them rather than bring a fallen Militiant back as a slavering ghoul.
They should also be indocrenated a pure hatred against undead, an almost zealot-like state that forces them to hate their undead advasaries rather than themselves (at this point they will hopefully have developes IC friendships with a few Militiants and therefore believe that there IS something worth fighting for despite being a walking bringer of doom)

Well, thats my two copper (is it?) and i love having discussions regarding allowing classes / races into the Militia.

As the current head recruiter (who knows if i'll be during WotlK? Wink ) i would have to say that Dascombe has had his past life haunted by Death Knights and will likely show prejusice against them, dispite this he also sees a sense of hope within everything...a 'second chance' if you will, at redemption...
Each individuall death knight will likely have to undergo some sort of holy ritual (hopefully led by Arod Smile ) to help 'purify' their souls and show them to the path of the light.
Of course they are undead.
We know they are ravaging unstoppable killing machines of undisputed psychopathic fury.
If they approach us and we manage to get a few in, i would suggest having them as a seperate 'force' if you will...not Platoon, so that they can get to understand each other ICly and perhaps help each other towards helping the Militia keep the peace around the kingdom.
I also believe that there should only be one or two accepted at first as 'test subjects'
This should be done ICly as one approaches us, we should not go headhunting for an RPer and drag them as the Militia guinea pig, we need someone who has thought out the concept of having a Death Knight in the Militia and should then be thoroughly tested in front of -ALL- officers.

I look forward to the interesting RP conflicts this could bring and it will certainly liven up my job as 'complaints officer' lol!
Back to top Go down
xariandra

xariandra

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2008, 04:54

NO! for the love of all that is unholy NO!!!!!!!!!!

Blizzard already is fucking it up with even adding DK's to horde & alliance, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT RUIN MY IMMERSION WITH CORRUPT LOOKING DK'S WITH PERMANENT EYE-SHINING WITH SWM TABARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Yes, DK's get an unique look of corruption. So unlike Warlocks, they can't even be in disguise.)
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2008, 05:14

i'm probably gonna send Xari on a writhing state of agoney here but:
I'm not saying that these 'Militia Death Knights' are actually deathknights.
If you see what I mean.
They -ARE- Deathknights but through forced training and constant struggle coping with the Militia it is likely they will find themselves along the path of redemption and disregard themselves as a Death Knight and member of the scourge.
Just as Paladins can be swayed from Light to Dark.
The Light could call forth through to the Dark.
By all means, yes they will be undead.
There is -NO- way to cure that (Yet) but the important factor is that they will have their free will back and consider themselves no longer undead.
In a real life situation its like me being born, and raised in England then suddenly deciding that I like the culture and lifestyle of France...
I may not know the language well, i may not get on with the people well...
But with determination I can try and gradually after living there for years the friends I make and the people I meet will gradually come to accept me as a Frenchman regardless of my origins.

And yes
I am aware that DeathKnights are currently 'lore rape' but i'm just thinking of building on Blizzard's mistakes.
Back to top Go down
xariandra

xariandra

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2008, 09:06

You're comparing wrong. This is more like allowing Hitler to become an officer in a jewish army (or smth)
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2008, 10:39

Last thing I heard was that they did not finish the lore on how DKs got into the Horde and the Alliance.

Edit: Omg, I just thought of something..

Tauren Deathknights.
Back to top Go down
Dascombe

Dascombe

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2008, 22:29

xariandra wrote:
You're comparing wrong. This is more like allowing Hitler to become an officer in a jewish army (or smth)
yes but a hitler who is willing to repent for his sins (wtf?) and is FULLY aware that he wants to regret for what he's done.
I know thats absolute bullsh*t when compared to hitler but I still think its worth a try
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2008, 22:43

Hitler is not a laughing matter

*coughs* Electric Retard's Website *coughs*
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2008, 23:47

Maybe we should call them Happy Knights for a better image?
Back to top Go down
xariandra

xariandra

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 13:28

Dascombè wrote:
xariandra wrote:
yes but a hitler who is willing to repent for his sins (wtf?) and is FULLY aware that he wants to regret for what he's done.
I know thats absolute bullsh*t when compared to hitler but I still think its worth a try

No. I'm serious now. Drop it before I scream.
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 14:35

Ok... No Death Knights in the Militia and NO Paladins in the Cult, keykey?
I mean... Paladins ARE champions of the light and Death Knights as I see them are the Heavier Units of the scourge... but, if you put it as James said, then the Lich King would be able to turn back, but, nevermind tongue
If I get this right, James says that you could like "nudder" the Death Knights to be a tool and they will not be allowed/able to summon the undead for personal use
Another thing, why are there so many Paladins in the Cult? Neutral
Maybe ONE well-known Death Knight MAY be allowed into the Militia, just to see, but I mean, Paladins as evil? C'mon, Warriors are the ones that are the ones that are more "evul", Rouges are more like Evil and Warlocks are even Evuler if you see it that way, but, Priest/Paladins and any other servants of the light CAN'T serve the "Evil"

I mean this

Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Screenshot111cs6
versus this?

Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Screenshot116na4
(Yes that is Iritian)

Which one looks more evil?

I know, I know, Paladins as evil "may" be cooler but the logical about that?

By the nine, I'm jibbering again Exuse me, forgive me please No
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 14:56

I did a /who cult of the thuzadin 2 days ago. All I saw was a bunch of paladins (5 or so?) and a warrior. :p
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 15:04

Ha! Either they're screwing with the Logic or they are planning to be Death Knighteziersizi
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 16:03

OOOOOOOOR...

they just thought it was a cool class to play.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR...

GOGO POWERRANGERS!

OOOOOOOOOR...

Eeh...

JUDGE DREDD!

OOOOOOOR...

IM OUT OF STUFF WEEEE

OOOOOOOOOOR... WHAT?
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 16:07

Or they just were told by a jam cooked Girafe to play as an evil Paladin and recive the special prize of Weegeee who is a carrot...
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 16:08

Damn that Weegee, always in the way of my priest and his plans for global farming Sad
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 16:10

We must take action!
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 16:14

STORM THE GATES! NINJA STYLE! SAMURAI! METAL POLE! CLIMB THAT SHIT! UP ON THE ROOF! I GOT CAT LIKE REFLEXEEEEES!!! SQUEEEEL!!!

(P.S. I think DK's should start out with Unfriendly rep and be able to join at Friendly+)
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 16:18

Hmm... Maybe... but still

(Hitting someone in the Nutsack on Boxing in Wii almost gives Instant Knockdown geek )
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 16:23

Really? How?
Back to top Go down
The Demoman

The Demoman

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 16:26

If they would becomming friendly is quite easy but to get to the higher, They should be more like Honored or some in that way

You hit low and don't stop trying
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 17:04

Well honored then.
Back to top Go down
xariandra

xariandra

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 21:30

Iritian, I already said like 757856841 times we do NOT have a single Paladin in the guild. Oh wait... you're metagaming! Yes, our Paladins are no Paladins at all IC. If you see ANY of them using a holy spell IC tell me and I'll gkick.

And unfortunately for you, Death Knights have permanent signs of corruption (glowing eyes and perhaps more will be added) so they can't disguise themselves either or say they don't RP a DK. Also, with wotlk, I'm almost sure nobody will roll a Paladin for the Cult anymore anyway. Maybe I'll gkick the existing Paladins too.

Last edited by xariandra on Fri Aug 08 2008, 04:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?   Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should Human Deathknigths be allowed in the militia?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next